Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Numberplate Bulbs

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

Im looking to upgrade my numberplate bulbs to led's.

Can anybody advise which ones are the best.

Thank you

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W5W-Can-Bus-NEW-NUMBER-PLATE-WHITE-LED-15-WATT-CREE-bulbs-MERCEDES-1-/141026765683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20d5d9ab73

Cree are tip class bulbs,

Please note: when replacing bulbs for led,

Remove bulbs then turn on lights,

With lights ON

Plug in LEDs

Because LEDs are fixed polarity the may not illuminate when fitted first time

So you may need to rotate bulb 180 degrees then plug in again,

It will work the second time.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W5W-Can-Bus-NEW-NUMBER-PLATE-WHITE-LED-15-WATT-CREE-bulbs-MERCEDES-1-/141026765683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20d5d9ab73

Cree are tip class bulbs,

Please note: when replacing bulbs for led,

Remove bulbs then turn on lights,

With lights ON

Plug in LEDs

Because LEDs are fixed polarity the may not illuminate when fitted first time

So you may need to rotate bulb 180 degrees then plug in again,

It will work the second time.

you got a picture of those at night in a numberplate?

• Like 1

you got a picture of those at night in a numberplate?

No mate,

I haven't purchased yet but anything cree won't burn out in a week,

And says there 15watt of light so 30watt of light is more than sufficient.

Don't underestimate the power of Cree ;)

• Like 1

I bought these ones for my fiesta as all of the LED point down so all the light was shining of the numberplate. Best/Brightest cheapy LED ones I have found....and trust me I have tried loads of them. If your budget it higher though I would love to see the difference in the ones that Lenny has suggested as for that money I would want the type that BMW have on some of their cars.....super super bright ice white light. If they are that good I would consider replacing mine. But the ones in the link below are the best ones I have found so far...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330871336034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• Like 1

Just fitted Cree 501's in mine, they are really bright only issue is they don't shine directly down but slightly to the side, you can see in the photo below.

IMG_0209_zpsb3cdf4b0.jpg

Got them off eBay £4.99 each but really quick delivery from this guy,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Cree-LED-Super-White-3w-T10-501-W5W-Car-Van-Bulb-Sidelight-Interior-Exterior-/300882289692?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460dfb641c

I also put themin my reverse lights they are super bright!

IMG_0210_zps13f29b48.jpg

Advantage with these is they intelligent so no problems with polarity, just plug and play.

I have just fitted a nother set in front sidelights and upgraded headlights to HID's so all my bulbs are properlywhite now.

• Like 1

Cree are lookin sweet there phil mate,

I've just found these on eBay Germany, there a bit pricey but I think I'll purchase a set in a month or two,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140957232923?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Nice one Lenny. Sound a bit pricey but better than trying to butcher your stock ones which is what I have been considering.

• Like 1

They look good, but what does the page say? Google Translate doesn't like it lol

• Like 1

They look good, but what does the page say? Google Translate doesn't like it lol

lol probably says this:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1175984862/_H02026_LED_License_Plate_Light.html

Min purchase from china though is 10 sets, so eBay is cheaper still.

Looks decent although I lucked out on some cheap fleabay jobbies that have lasted 2 cars lol.

The quality was crap, they didn't work at first and went off whenever the boot was shut or I went over a bump in the road, but I re-bent the contacts and they work perfect now lol.

• Like 1

Looks decent although I lucked out on some cheap fleabay jobbies that have lasted 2 cars lol.

The quality was crap, they didn't work at first and went off whenever the boot was shut or I went over a bump in the road, but I re-bent the contacts and they work perfect now lol.

Yes I've experienced this before too,

As result I spread the pins up to 45 degrees before inserting in to the sockets to ensure maximum contact,

Also

The way these full led units plug in outside of the sealed unit,

I'd recommend insulating the socket&plug connection with PVC tape to prevent water engress from blowing a fuse.

Just wondering if white led number plate lights are road legal in the UK? as i read somewhere that it shouldn't emit white light from the back as it may not pass its MOT? correct if I'm wrong, thanks and Phils lights look awesome mate! :)

• Like 1

Thanks Abdul. As mine is a new car no MOT for 3 years so no worries. I think if they projected backwards t=it might be a problem but as they shine down should be OK. If the police do stop me guess i'll just get a notice to put them right so not too worried.

• Like 1

Cheers mate! Will have a look and see if i can change them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club