Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Tddi Running Rough

gixer103

sorry-i couldve swore i just suggested he download em & even if its old thread.if it works it works

well just had a guy come round & read the codes

he is going to email them all over to me

2 of the codes were P0148 & P0149 if I remember correctly

there was 1 for fuel pump relay??

will post all the codes up when he emails them to me,

Those are fuel delivery fault codes

If your fuel is clean and you have a genuine fuel filter, ite either a faulty lift pump or the main diesel injection pump

the lift pump costs about £100-£120 (pattern) is relatively easy to change and does not need to be coded

The main pump (vp44) is expensive - a refurb (on an exchange basis) can cost £700, you can have the electric part of the pump replaced for less, they pop up on eBay for as little as £200 but they are coded to a specific ECU, so you may need the pump, ECU and locks/ keys

A new VP44 comes uncoded and codes itself when it is 1st connected to the ECU - one that was previously coded to another ECU will not work on yours

The injectors on the TDDI do not need to be coded

With clean, uncontaminated diesel and the fuel system bled, with a genuine (or "premium") fuel filter,(cheap pattern fuel filters can restrict the fuel flow, apparently) if its still "playing up" you could spend the £120 for the lift pump and fit it - if that does not work it is likely to be the main vp44 pump at fault

There is a good chance it is the lift pump at fault (considering the symptoms) and worth replacing, in my opinion

Don't take this as guaranteed, but as far as I am aware, you can fit a second hand main pump, however, you need to cut into the loom for the controller and splice the original onto the replacement pump. I do warn you though, as this is not meant to be possible, the wires (4 of them) are not colour coded, in fact all four are black, lol.

Don't take this as guaranteed, but as far as I am aware, you can fit a second hand main pump, however, you need to cut into the loom for the controller and splice the original onto the replacement pump. I do warn you though, as this is not meant to be possible, the wires (4 of them) are not colour coded, in fact all four are black, lol.

A secondhand main pump (vp44) has the same connector plug as the one on the car - so the wires do not have to be cut - it just plugs in without cutting wires

You cannot fit a secondhand pump without changing the ECU, because the pump is coded to the ECU (its explained in detail in post # 28, above)

Where did you get this information from? - it looks like someone was deliberately trying to mislead you, or it was from another, less technical / not so well run site/ forum

• Like 1

Hi

got all the codes they are

P0149 - fuel timing error.
P1564 - injection pump control module requesting reduced fueling.
P0252 - injection pump fuel metering control a range of performance.
P1631 - main relay malfunction

looks like I will be going with the lift pump

I've just ordered a new lift pump from Latvia roughly £40

Well the new pump arrived & fitted it only took around half hour,

just took the car for a quick drive for around 7 miles & all seems ok at last,

Thanks to every one for your help in getting the problem fixed,

• Like 1

Well the new pump arrived & fitted it only took around half hour,

just took the car for a quick drive for around 7 miles & all seems ok at last,

Thanks to every one for your help in getting the problem fixed,

I am glad you got it sorted and that you did not have to spend any money you did not need to on it

Keep us up-to date with how you get on (who knows- the car might last for years now with no major problems!)

Its a good car - worth keeping it running

might....lol. an Scotland will beat England tonight. (actually theyre doin no too bad for a change)

I'm liking that you came back on here and gave a completed feedback. Many don't.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club