Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Parts - 2007 Mk2 1.6 Zetec Engine

TheStarkFactor

Hey,

Looking for service parts for my new Ford Focus MK2 1.6 Zetec [100].

Can anyone tell me what shape filter is required for my engine as it appears there are two types?

Air%20Filters.jpg

Also can anyone recommend or advise which spark plugs are best/recommended and are they pre-gapped or do they require adjustment?

Spark%20Plugs.jpg

Thanks for your help! :)

the rectangular filter but youre cheaper in the long run getting a k and n filetr

the rectangular filter but youre cheaper in the long run getting a k and n filetr

Thanks for the recommendation ... this the correct K&N for my engine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Air-Filter-Element-33-2877-for-Volvo-V50-S40-C30-Ford-Focus-/300650042773?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4600239595

Anyone have any advice on plugs?

yeah thats the right one as for plugs just get them from ford they are cheaper than the Bosch ones which ford plugs are and they are gapped properly the Bosch ones arent

mines an end july 2007 (100 climate) i have the round type filter

early 2007 rectangular late 2007 round easiest way to tell is have a look to be honest or check k and n website using youre reg

• Like 1

early 2007 rectangular late 2007 round easiest way to tell is have a look to be honest or check k and n website using youre reg

I used EuroCarParts and entered by registration unfortunately both shapes of filter show up in the results.

Is there anyway to tell without taking the airbox apart?

Also the plugs do come pre-gapped though I can't figure out whether the gap should be 1.3mm or 1.00mm?

ford plugs are gapped at 1.0mm Bosch plugs for the car are set at 1.3mm which is actually wrong hence why its simpler and cheaper to walk into ford and get 4 plugs cheaper than it is to buy the Bosch and less hassle

looking at the filter cover on the end that faces the inner wing ..if its got a circular molding then its a cylinder type

looking at the filter cover on the end that faces the inner wing ..if its got a circular molding then its a cylinder type

Think mine is cylinder ... can anyone do me a big favour and take a photo of the airbox (tell me what filter shape you have) so that I can see the difference?

Oh and what oil is recommended for this engine?

Thanks! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club