Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Serious Help Required!!

Hix 10

Hi guys, so my wife has decided to reverse her great fiesta mk7 titanium into a post for the second time in 6 mths!! The first time was done through insurance and the second by mate who works in body shop. Anyhow it's been reprinted a d looks great, however I have noticed that the small grey plastic wheel arch trim that flares out.....don't know the correct name sorry!.......has snapped off!!

I have a new one and am totally perplexed how to removed the screws that hold it on! The piece goes all the way behind the bumper and is held on by 3 of these strange screws which are metal. I've attached a photo of one of them and hope one of you guys can help me out!!! I'm sooooo frustrated with it and have no ideas how to remove them! Any help would be very much appreciated !!

Thanks

post-36769-0-60249800-1375542728_thumb.j

That appears to be a pop rivet to me.

If it is then it will need drilling out.

You'll need a hss drill bit a couple of millimetres bigger than the size of the centre hole in the rivet but will only need to drill in far enough to seperate the flat part from the expanded sleeve behind it.

The sleeve can then be knocked through if still held in place.

Hi stoney

Really appreciate your quick response.....Ive just had a quick look at pop rivets on line as dont have a clue!! that would make total sense....what a pain! Hopefully my local wickes store stocks them....ill give it a go!!!!

Thanks once again .....fingers crossed I don't wreck the car!!!

Cheers

Just drill carefully and only go as deep as you need to so the rivet face comes off and you'll be fine.

Rivet guns and kits are dirt cheap and a doddle to use.

Thanks mate that's really helpful. Just been to wickes but they don't have any in , so ordered one on line so hopefully be here in ages days.....I've out it back together for now and am giving it one almighty clean, polish and seal! Thanks again buddy