Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St-3

tt07

Had a test drive in an ST-3 today.

Was what we hoped it would be a compliant ride, nice sound, swift when you want it, a good all rounder, ticks many boxed nice on motorway, fun on the b roads, will get a mountain bike in the boot and would probably not mind the odd track outing if that's your thing.

Certainly a nice ride than our current Countryman and more space :)

I have to admit having read and watched a few reviews with all the talk of torque steer was expecting a handful and would get it all the time, found that drive smooth it's uneventful in that regard, even under a decent amount of throttle didn't seem as bad as the reviews say, once I'd boxed that off just concentrated on the rest of the drive, we both drive it and both really liked it, and in our opinion the blue with style pack grey wheels does look stunning. (other great stunning looking colours are also available!!)

Looks like we should have one end of September all being well :)

• Like 1

I had a short test drive in one last Sunday myself as I arranged it last minute and the dealer didn't have much time, and am really undecided whether or not I should buy one! Agreed the blue with the style pack is the way to go, but as you say the torque steer is certainly present when going full throttle. In your opinion would you say it's something you get used to after a while? I only had about 3 or 4 opportunities to floor it in 2nd and on each of those I found myself drifting towards the middle of the road! As long as you get used to it and compensate and it doesn't end up being dangerous every time you accelerate I think I may just have to buy one too!

Also, as it sounds like you've ordered one, can I ask what kind of discount you managed to get? I've seen brokers online list the ST2 for under £20k, but I doubt a dealer will go that low.

Cheers!

The torque steer was not present enough to make me concerned, we will get used to understanding when it does it and counter it. We won't be driving everywhere at full throttle so know it not to be an issue day to day just every now and then :)

Dealwise around this from our local dealer http://www.fordretailonline.co.uk/new/ford/focus-st/st-3.aspx and we've taken finance to get another £2k in the deal too, based on that ST-2 direct should be sub £20k with no options and even with a few could still just be :)

Cheers for that, always good to get other peoples opinions on such things! Just got to decide now whether I treat myself and sign up to the higher running costs :lol:. Interesting though how they give a £2k deposit for credit then actually charge about £500 less than that in interest. Surely that doesn't make much business sense to them?!

Enjoy yours when you get it.

Cheers for that, always good to get other peoples opinions on such things! Just got to decide now whether I treat myself and sign up to the higher running costs :lol:. Interesting though how they give a £2k deposit for credit then actually charge about £500 less than that in interest. Surely that doesn't make much business sense to them?!

Enjoy yours when you get it.

Thanks were looking forward to it, the finance deal is a no brainer, not sure if it's possible to get the same discount without the finance I didn't try, would like to try and clear it down early too we will see on that!!.

My example:

NEW CAR - BUILT TO ORDER PRICE

WHY BUY A CAR FROM BUYACAR?
  • UK Dealer supplied
  • Full Warranty
  • 1st yr Tax included
  • FREE delivery

Ford Focus 2.0T ST-3 5dr hatchback £19,945.00 OPTIONS: Metallic - Spirit blue £525.00 Mini steel spare wheel £0.00 Style pack - Focus ST £275.00 Sony Navigation with DAB Radio/CD and rear view camera with Ford SYNC bluetooth connection, voice control and USB port £750.00 Privacy glass £200.00 OPTIONS TOTALS £1,750.00 OTHER OPTIONS: YOU SAVE 12 months vehicle excise duty (vehicle tax) at current rate Included Delivery: Driven delivery within England and Wales £0.00 TOTAL BUYACAR ON THE ROAD PRICE £21,695.00 YOU SAVE £5,540.00

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club