Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overheating Trouble

haupt200484

Hi

I have a 2001 Focus 1.4

First I changed m temperature control dial in the car as it was broke (windows, face, feet etc..)

and after doing so I automatically heard water gushing about the car. So on that I bled the engine and that sorted it.

The other week going to work the temperature gauge went into the red, and within a few seconds dropped back to norm position again. so drove it home and all fine drove it another couple days all fine and then it happened again.

I have changed my Thermostat, Thermostat housing and put on a new radiator,

but still NO change and does exactly the same thing, but this time it takes a little while to come back down from the red.

Im not to sure if the system still may have an airlock somewhere, as the top hose of the radiator get hot but the bottom is still cold even after replacing the radiator.

could it possibly be that the thermostat is faulty eventough its new from fords buy not opening correctly?

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks.

I have just found out from another website

That a guy had exactly the same issues and it turned out he had a PCM CALIBRATION done and that sorted the problem.

could this be the issue

If your top hose is hot but bottom of Rad is cold, the system isnt working right regardless what the gauge says, once up to normal running temp all the rad should be same temp and hoses too pretty much, hoses should also not be rock hard if you squeeze them either. poss problems could be water pump not pumping water around correctly, air lock, cylinder head gasket pressurising the system so water does not flow. or a blockage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club