Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding an ipod adaptor - Can it be done ?

barry0501

I've seen some other threads for the C-Max suggesting there is a quadlock hidden somewhere for a quick hook-up, but I can't find anything on this one.

The car has the mp3 jack, but I really want full control from the steering wheel.

I have the bluetooth option and the standard Sony unit for the titanium, but really want the ipod (yes, I know it'd only another £50 when buying the car, but this car was in stock and I wanted it!)

Given Ford only charge £50, there can't be much to it?

Anyone have any good pointers?

Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...

If you lucky you can buy a higher bluetooth module and USB lead on eBay or scrap yards... and after £90 software update by ford garage, unfortunately this module not plug and play, need to add to the computer...

• 8 months later...

If you lucky you can buy a higher Bluetooth module and USB lead on eBay or scrap yards... and after £90 software update by ford garage, unfortunately this module not plug and play, need to add to the computer...

I found this guide on fitting ipod adaptor to a focus mate may be the same on your kuga Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there .

I may have some info which might be of use.

If you go to the mondeo page and i have a topic titled "is there a hidden usb port in a mk4 mondeo???"..

Now it turns out if you remove the glove box there is a blanked out plug on the left side , now one man on there assures me that if you buy a usb plug from Ford and he quotes £2.70 , he now has full i control on his steering wheel ..

i'm have the blanked out plug in my 59 reg mondeo and will be searching from the plug this week .

i let you know what happens ;-)

I wouldn't put i pass Ford to charge £50 for a three quid bit!!

• 1 year later...

Is this true this hidden USB??? I too have a blank in glove box never thought bout removing it.... Unless it works

This will be the bit you need.

Don't worry about the compatibility thing on the listing, it will fit mondeo, kuga, fiesta and focus. (helped my mate fit one on a MK4 mondeo last year.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160952285043?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So I literally remove blank plate, fit this part and my 6000 unit will play USB ?

Would I phone work on it?

It should do but you would have to use a Ford iPhone, cable unless you update the firmware to enable you to use just a standard iPhone cable.