Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mod Ideas What Do You Think

zetec s mike

Hi all as you know I was supposed to be having my new zetec s last week but unfortunately it was delayed until a week tomo :( basically I have been thinking of a few mods to do straight away, front smoked windiws with tinted deflectors, lowerd 60mm, black wheels, black wing mirrors, black spoiler, black rear diffuser, and grill. All that would be gloss black btw on a red car. What do you guys think? All opinions welcome :)

• Like 1

sounds good to me =). would love to see pics when front windows done as i have the same car and color as you =)

Aye can't wait to have it all done iam only having a light smoke on the front I know its illigal to have any tint on the fronts now but hey It will look nice :)

Aye can't wait to have it all done iam only having a light smoke on the front I know its illigal to have any tint on the fronts now but hey It will look nice :)

Not a good idea to declare things like this on a public forum with your full name and town showing... :ph34r:

that being said, here in france its illegal aswell. But the only people over here that acutally tinit windows profesionnaly are glastint and they just did a friends car allround...

I just wonder why they would do that?

Well theres plenty of mercs and range rovers and bmws rolling around with light smoke on the front so why cant I?

Well theres plenty of mercs and range rovers and bmws rolling around with light smoke on the front so why cant I?

Because it's illegal?

It's your car..........

Which has to conform to UK regulations otherwise it's not 'roadworthy'.

At the end of the day it's up to each owner what they do to their own vehicle, but they must also bear the responsibility of any fines & punishment if they get caught.

Ohh well I guess we all see it in a driffrent way please correct me if iam wrong but is it true that as long as the police can see who is driving the car there isn't a problem?

Ohh well I guess we all see it in a driffrent way please correct me if iam wrong but is it true that as long as the police can see who is driving the car there isn't a problem?

maybe I will look into it a bit more.

Tinted vehicle windows: the law
Not what you're looking for? ↓

If you’ve got tinted vehicle windows, the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%.

There are no rules for tinting the rear windscreen or rear passenger windows.

It is also illegal to sell a vehicle with heavily tinted windscreen and front windows.

Penalties for having wrongly tinted windows

The police or VOSA vehicle examiners use light measuring equipment to measure window tint.

If your windscreen or front side windows are tinted too much you could get:

• a ‘prohibition notice’ stopping you using your vehicle on the road until you have the extra tint removed
  • a penalty notice or court summons

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

So according to that I could have a slight tint on my frond windows? Obviously not the windscreen which I would never have done anyway.

So according to that I could have a slight tint on my frond windows? Obviously not the windscreen which I would never have done anyway.

Most modern cars come from the factory already tinted very close to if not up to that limit so any additional tint you add would take it over the legal limit.

A professional tinting company would not take a window below the illegal level (hopefully).

A lot of drivers fall foul with home tints and take it as read that applying 30% tint on front side windows is fine, take the existing factory tint into consideration and you'll be fine.

Traffic Police vehicles often carry tint meters and will test cars that appear excessively tinted and can insist on any tint film being removed at the roadside or a prohibition order will be issued.

A full limo tint may look flash but not much good when you can't see where you're driving at night and end up hitting a pedestrian?

I don't want a limo tint just a light smoke a bit darker than the car comes. I have spoken to 3 sepeeate company's ans they have all said that the light smoke would be fine.

I've had my drivers side and front passenger side door tinted with 10% tint

The factory tint is already up to 15% depending on the car.

So together that makes a maximum of 25% which is the legal MOT passable limit for the front door windows,

I also got the rears done 35% nice shade dark enough and not limo black.

Thanks to WWW.Atint.ie

. IMG_20130521_132204_zps0380965c.jpg

I agree with I nath on the tinting of front windows, but as ever it's up to the individual.

I would hate to cause an accident because of too dark a tint.

Lenny, your Focus is looking spot on.

Cheers

Martin.

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's views on this but your all thinking iam gunna have limo tint on the front when iam not. Iam only having it within the law which is up to 30 percent and iam only going for 10 percent on top of the manufacturers tinit.

• Like 1

On my fiat grande punto that I had before I part exchanged for my zs I took mine to a professional window tinting place called tint masters and I had illegal tints on they only let through 45% of light on the front and all I had to do was sign a disclaimer and I was never pulled the entire time i had the car and ford said nothing either when part exchanging the car

• Like 1

I agree with I nath on the tinting of front windows, but as ever it's up to the individual.

I would hate to cause an accident because of too dark a tint.

Lenny, your Focus is looking spot on.

Cheers

Martin.

Thanks very much Martin mate, I've just saw your post today.

so you gus reckon there is already a tint on the front windows? Ive got a MK7.5 and i dont think there is any sort of tint on the front windows...

• Like 1

so you gus reckon there is already a tint on the front windows? Ive got a MK7.5 and i dont think there is any sort of tint on the front windows...

All automotive windows have some level of factory tint up to a maximum 15%

See the difference on my drivers window,

Below the tint is up to 15%

And above in the tint is at most 25%

IMG_20130803_000338_zps44e78cda.jpg

okay i see. See looking at yourr pics i dont think there is a tint on them lol

• Like 1

okay i see. See looking at yourr pics i dont think there is a tint on them lol

Lmao I'd like to see you in the tint fitting shop with a hidden camera attached.