Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Which C-Max To Buy?

briantopp

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place and someone can give me some advice.

I'm looking to upgrade from a 54 reg Golf SDI to a 2010 reg C-max but am unsure of which of the following three cars to go for. My current Golf is a little lethargic so any C-max will be an improvement on it for speed.

There are two 1.6 petrol zetecs which are identical with the exeption of mileage. One has done 45,000 miles and is for sale at £8k and the other is up for £9k having done 10,000 miles. The other car is a 1.8TDCi Titanium which has done 68,000 miles and they want £9k for it. The upgrade to the Titanium doesn't really sway me as I don't necesarily require the quickclear windscreen etc but I don't know if I should be completely avoiding any specific engine or if the diesel is much more efficient in the real world.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

no real massive problems on the engine front to be honest, they are all pretty good, the 1.6 is slightly more prone to issues, Turbo being one potential concern on a diesel, so most go for the 2.0 as its got a lot more get up and go and is more easy to use.

As for the 1.8 Its probably the best of both worlds, its got clout, very well built and is less expensive on tax and fuel as its 2.0 companion.

Hi,

Those prices seem a little high, where are you buying from? I bought my 2009 2.0L Zetec (Petrol) for £7000 from SMC Ford in April 2012 with 22k on the clock, so it was 3 years old with a full Ford stamped history.. Similar to the age gap of what your looking at.

When looking I was also looking at the 3 different engines - 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0. We went for the 2.0 in the end as it was prodomanetly going to be driven by my wife and that's the only one they do in automatic (thats what she wanted), if I was to go back I probably would of considered a manual 1.8 as its less juicy and cheaper tax.. Saying that though the automatic is a lovely car to drive, not had any problems with it and am very happy with it.

If you are buying from Ford make sure you negotiate, I got £1000 off the list price and 1 years free tax thrown in as well as free isofix points fitted (as we were expecting), go in the last week of the month to, that's when they need to sell to meet targets so they will drop alot if there under

Thanks for the advice. We're looking at buying from the local Ford dealer so I'll definitely knock them down a bit and get a few bits thrown in such as the isofix points fitted as the new reg plates are out next month.

I'm definitely leaning towards the 1.8 now as the mpg seems much better plus it has that little extra oomph.

What Ford garage is it? i see your in Kent (same as me)

Invicta Motors in Broadstairs. They've got a few dealerships dotted around but have quite a few c-Max's there.

I went for the silver one. The lower mileage swayed me in the end. Hopefully I'll be picking it up next weekend and can start getting used to the height of the seats and the gear stick placement.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club