Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Instument Cluster

wondertrog

I am having a problem with my dashboard, Mk2 2006 1.6 tdi, while driving the lights come on the dash and i lose all power, when i give the dash a tap it comes back normal, this can happen two or three times a day or might not happen for a month, reading thru forums and search sites i see this is happening to other people aswell, what i need to know is can i fit a cluster from a scrappy and what is involved ie programming to car and keys, some people say it will go straight in some people say it wont.Also does it have to identical as i see on this forum that you can fit a Mk2.5, Many thanks.

• Like 1

You need a cluster with lower miles than what you have as ford can only put miles on then it needs programmed in to the ecu

• Like 1

You need a cluster with lower miles than what you have as ford can only put miles on then it needs programmed in to the ecu

Arthur just a question on this mate,

I have a modified elm327 and using the elmconfig software it is possible to add mileage but as you say,

Its not possible to take mileage off the clock,

But what happens if we were to set the mileage to 999999miles

Then took it for a drive,

Would it:

A. Go back to zero

B. Begin scrolling the mileage across the screen.

C.shoot an additional screen space out through the side of the dash lol

Arthur just a question on this mate,

I have a modified elm327 and using the elmconfig software it is possible to add mileage but as you say,

Its not possible to take mileage off the clock,

But what happens if we were to set the mileage to 999999miles

Then took it for a drive,

Would it:

A. Go back to zero

B. Begin scrolling the mileage across the screen.

C.shoot an additional screen space out through the side of the dash lol

No, it is option D. It will stay forever on 999999 Miles. I tried this in the past with a defective intstrument cluster.

Does it have to be the exact same one ?

does the cluster need to be identical ?

If you want to fit another instrument cluster it does not need to be exactly the same. When buying another instrument cluster you only have to buy one for the correct fuel type (because the different scale of the rev. counter between Fuel/Diesel versions) Technically there are no other differences between all MK2 and MK2.5 instrument cluster.

The MK2 and MK2.5 instrument clusters are fully compatible. If the correct programming procedure is used it can be done without any problems. Most Ford dealers are unable (or do not want) to reprogram A MK2.5 instrument cluster into a MK2. Because the MK2 instrument cluster is differently configured than the MK2.5 instrument cluster it is not possible to copy the configuration of the MK2 cluster into the MK2.5 cluster. The solution is to configure the MK2.5 cluster manually (this can be done easily with the ELMconfig software).

I fitted a 2010 MK2.5 instrument cluster into my 2005 MK2 and reprogrammed it myself. All functions of the MK2.5 instrument cluster (including Ford ECO mode) are fully working.

I have some experience with the repair of Focus both MK2 and MK2.5 instrument clusters. In many cases problems with the instrument cluster can be solved easily. The circuit boards of the instrument cluster often have bad soldering connections which causes problems. I fixed several instrument clusters by resoldering the big connector on the circuit board.

Thank you both for your help, i think i'll try the soldering first because it comes and goes when i wiggle the connector, if that dont work then a local garage will program one in for about £50, i'll let you know, thanks again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club