Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Without Ignition

at.dwyer

Hi All,

I recently put an after market stereo into my 04 Fiesta. However since then I have not been able to get the stereo to work unless the key is in the ignition. This however engages the imobiliser if I sit there too long... Is there a way to get the 1 hour function back or is that a function that was in the original stereo?

original stereo funtion, but you would have a switched live and a constant live powering your stereo, you could feed it with both constant lives but then you would have to turn it off as the ignition would not turn it off wired like that.

Hi All,

I recently put an after market stereo into my 04 Fiesta. However since then I have not been able to get the stereo to work unless the key is in the ignition. This however engages the imobiliser if I sit there too long... Is there a way to get the 1 hour function back or is that a function that was in the original stereo?

The 1 hour function would have been part of the original factory stereo as said above you could wire it to do that

There should be two 12v wires on the loom adaptor for your radio.

One would be live only when the ignition is on the first notch and the other would be permanent live so the radio would switch on without the ignition on.

The one hour setting is built into the original radios, there may be a sub menu on your radio to allow this.

It's worth a read through the instructions that came with the radio in case this is so.