Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1L Ecoboost Possible Problem :s

gazsts

It's just wierd that my brother's car, which is a Ford Fiesta 1L 125 hp as well, doesn't have the metallic sound when it goes above 1500rpm like mine. The Engine in his car just sounds right to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I bought a Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost 140 Zetec S back in May this year and ive have this same problem, a metallic rattle noise when hitting 1500rpm. My car is in at Dinnages Ford at the moment for this very reason. I have been told today (29/09/16) by Dinnages Ford that its a turbo issue and Ford know about this metallic rattle noise and will not replace the turbo under the manufacturer’s warranty as it is within thier tolerance levels............Really!!!!

Some feed back would be good people.

Turbo actuator. Not a fault.

Has to be fairly loose or it would seize when hot.

Can you hear it while driving? My old 1.5 was so loud you could hear it while driving. The 1.0 is much quieter.

• Like 2

Yeah i can hear it as i drive along and people are even turn and look which is not good.  So how did you get round yours?

I changed my car as all the 1.5s are that loud.

1.0 is not normally loud enough to hear while driving though, I've driven a few of them now.

Have you compared yours with others in the forecourt? If they sound better, just keep pushing that yours sounds unacceptable.

Ah, in that case definitely not normal.

They all rattle a bit, but if its changed then you've got grounds to get it fixed.

Just got to keep persisting or threaten legal action.

Thanks for the feed back much appreciated,  as you've got STAFF on your profile do you work for Ford by any chance? 

No, just means I am a forum staff member.

This site isn't affiliated with Ford.

My 2014 1.0 ecoboost (120) makes the same noise.  At first year service, 8000 miles, I asked the Ford mechanic to listen to it and he immediately said its the injectors and its normal, they are very high pressure on this car.

I'm happy with that, and now ignore it.

• Like 1