Show
Photo

Is There Such A Thing As A Competent Ford Dealer?

service

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,294 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

have a look at kwik fit, whilst I disagree with them for most things, the services they do are actually good value. kwik oil, is basic oil, filter replacement with brake fluid, otherwise the interim service is about £70 and includes most the standard Ford stuff (not OEM parts though) but for the cost of that service, and replacing other parts yourself, you have done the same work for much less money!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 ford_focus

ford_focus

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

have a look at kwik fit, whilst I disagree with them for most things, the services they do are actually good value. kwik oil, is basic oil, filter replacement with brake fluid, otherwise the interim service is about £70 and includes most the standard Ford stuff (not OEM parts though) but for the cost of that service, and replacing other parts yourself, you have done the same work for much less money!

Actually their full service looks like it covers all the important stuff on the Ford 75k service (and more), and is half the price!

Thanks for that information

#18 ford_focus

ford_focus

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

On second thoughts, I think I'll avoid Kwik Fit. Too many negative reports with them trying to add on things that don't need doing, and basic incompetance. I'll find a local independant to do it.

#19 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,291 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

mine has a dorsal fin ...wanted £30 for wiper blade but sells them under the garage name on ebay for £23 inc post .. when i queried it he said "get them of ebay then"

Has to be Vospers. :D
Definitely a load of shifty beggars.
I wouldn't trust them to screw in a nail :P

If I need any dealers input I go to the dealers at Kingsbridge, for all other work or MOT's I go to Curtis Ball in Rendle Street.
I trust them far more than anywhere else.

#20 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,294 posts
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

To be honest, mine triedg different. to add a load on as well when I had the kwik oil, but they confirmed my turbo was dying as I already suspected, and anything else they tried (brake disks, pads etc) I just told them I was having nothing more than the oil I had ordered. End of!

So if you want an indie to do it, feel free, but just because mr Kwik Fit sucks in a deep breathe, doesnt mean you need to feel pressured into doing it - take his recommendation, have a look yourself, and if you are concerned, get a second opinion, otherwise take it all with a pinch of salt...

For example, Ford told me ages ago that my Turbo boost pipe was cracked, that was an amber on the MOT report, yet the last time the car went in, they never mentioned a thing so I suspect its not that big a problem at all... They all do it, they all see somethin

#21 ford_focus

ford_focus

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'm going to use the services of my local Suzuki dealer. Out of everyone I trust them the most. They're straight about work that needs to be done, won't do unecessary stuff, and their labour charges aren't extortionate. Plus they offer a servicing package that includes MOT. They'll use genuine Ford parts if you ask, but obviously at increased cost.

So after going around the houses on this, I'll return to them.

But on the DPF additive fluid thing, I'll go to Ford for that one.

Thanks for all advice given.

#22 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 565 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Anyone seen Auto Express's Driver Power survey? Ford dealers don't shape up very well, consistantly in the bottom few:

http://www.autoexpre...best-car-dealer

I find TC Harrison incompetent, rude, expensive and they don't really care either way. On the flip side, there is a very small Ford franchise near me called John R Ford and my last service there was an amazing experience, and about £50 cheaper than TCH!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users