b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,523 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Well that answers if you need a pro then, want is far more powerful than need :P

There's plenty macs will do, and the pro series if you do decide to do some editing is handy. Use the money that you save from the i7 to get a good carry case/bag :P

Or a Windows operating system :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,718 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

Or a Windows operating system :P

Lol. Well I do have an iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and soon a MacBook, but I'm still Windows through and through - however well I hide it - honest
;)

#18 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,523 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Well it's not difficult to do, although if you go for the smaller 128GB SSD it might be tight on space. I'd recommend 256 for complete storage, I have an SSD in my laptop, and I wish I'd gone for 256GB over the 128GB, even though it has 3 drives :P

#19 mik_se7

mik_se7

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2000

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

I work with both Macs and PC's at work on a daily basis and my point of view is if you have the money and you want a strong reliable bit of kit and performance isn't key to what you want a Mac is the way to go, i know if you crank up the ram etc you can increase the Mac's performance and the standard user might not even notice the difference but in my experience once you try getting Macs to do something intense like video editing it often slows down sometimes to the point where you think its a sleep lol. PC's although often less reliable (more often then not due to bugs in windows or viruses) are far cheaper can be upgraded easier and less complicated to trouble shoot, don't get me wrong Mac's are good for some things but i think PC's out weigh it a lot, i think Apple spend more time on products like the IPad, iPhone and Ipod than they do with there computer range.

#20 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,523 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

I prefer PC's for their gaming power, and their compatibility to play games too. I could have had a Mac instead of my desktop, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as powerful there really. Good pieces of tech for CAD and video editing though.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users