Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG.

poohbear

900 miles i've heard it takes 10000 for the engine to fully loosen up so it will get better and better for you, glad to hear it already better. ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poohbear

• Sara Fiesta

• MichellefromEssex

• Russ

Ours has definately improved since hitting 2k recently, today got 45.3 on the same journey I did yesterda, I must say I am rather proud of myself, just hope after tomorrow I still am able to get upper 30s low 40s readings!!!

Our 1.4i Zetec is only averaging low to mid 30s after almost 8k which I feel is pretty poor. Most of its journeys are just under 20 miles with a mix of about 75% twisty B roads and the remainder slow/stop-start urban. However, even on longer runs I've not seen over 40. It'll be due its first service soon and I'll get it checked then.

On a side note, the performance doesn't seem too good as I was out-dragged by a previous model 1.2 Corsa the other day! Although I recently had a current model 1.4 Corsa on hire and that was trully awful.

Ok I'm VERY worried now I have a new fiesta in vision blue :rolleyes: ;) I have it since january 16th and its still only doin 33.4 mpg :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :huh: :o its a 1.4 automatic! Will this get better has any1 any tips on how to get the mpg up??

Cheers

Pauline

Since Mountune upgrade 45.6 was the best and nothing below 40 all the way home (country lanes and single 30mph carriageways) even stuck my foot down a few times - well I had to test it out lol and still around 41/43.

Ok I'm VERY worried now I have a new fiesta in vision blue :rolleyes: ;) I have it since january 16th and its still only doin 33.4 mpg :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :huh: :o its a 1.4 automatic! Will this get better has any1 any tips on how to get the mpg up??

Cheers

Pauline

auto says it all. you wont get the same MPG as a manual. but as has been said it takes a while for the engine to loosen up.

Not posted for a while but picked mine up last week so had it one week already. Its a Black Zetec 3 Door 1.4 Petrol. I've put 500 miles on it (clearly enjoying it!) and its showing 40mpg combined so far.

I'd say my split has been 60/40 so far with 60 being weighted towards dual carriageway/motorways/a roads.

Lovely little car, handles well and the bluetooth functionality is fantastic. Call quality wise people dont tend to think im in a car at all which is fantastic.

I'll post some pics up soon but been massively busy with work over the last few weeks.

In the past week mine has now gone up to around 39.9 I am so pleased! Had it a month yesterday :) xx.

I picked mine up same day as poohbear and mine is only at 28, I have only done town driving since resetting it - pretty poor but will hopefully improve with time! Still love the car though

Well prove in the pud that men drive more erratic than women

Max MPG today 33.2

Michelle MPG today 43.2

Says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well prove in the pud that men drive more erratic than women

Max MPG today 33.2

Michelle MPG today 43.2

Says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but don't forget that Max has been playing with his partner's new toy so his fuel consumption is bound to be higher than yours! :lol:

After all someone's got to stand up for us blokes!!!!! ;)

round trip of 232 miles mostly on A roads doing speeds between 40 and 60 i got 45 mpg from a fiesta 1.4

mines currently sitting on 46.8 mpg after about 320 miles

Well you all know about my MPG, i've done nothing but complain about it lol! I've still not got it sorted either!!I get paid a week on tuesday though so Lambda's will be getting replaced then..and i will cry if it doesn't improve after that!

Well you all know about my MPG, i've done nothing but complain about it lol! I've still not got it sorted either!!I get paid a week on tuesday though so Lambda's will be getting replaced then..and i will cry if it doesn't improve after that!

Wouldn't just go out and get new sensors fitted without them being checked first! MPG all depends on what sort of journeys are you doing ( short/long/in town/motorway/starts-stops....), road conditions, weight in the vehicle, do you drive with windows open, do you drive with air con on. Lots of factors effect mpg. The open windows effect your drag, air con puts strain on engine components meaning more fuel is used, so it's a never ending list of things.

air con effect on mpg

better mileage and how to achieve it <- ignore the fact it's an american site. the facts are the same for any car

I'm up to 51.3mpg on my 1.4TDCi after just over 4k miles, I've done 2k of those. Mixture of motorway and main roads.

Now get 500 miles out of a full tank

Got 56.1 MPG on a 28 miles journey yesterday. 1.4 petrol MK7

Wow, thats really good :)

Was you pushing it down a hill?

I did wonder that!

Don't think i'll ever get that MPG in my car :(

Have you tried working out the MPG yourself? I've found my trip computer is a bit out. That says I'm averaging around 48 mpg but I actually get closer to 54 mpg. My car's done around 3000 miles (1.6 TDCi) so I expect this to improve in time.

How do you work it out yourself or am I just being really dim?

Have a look here: http://www.mileagecalculator.co.uk/

Reset the trip counter for your mileage the next time you fill up, then record how many miles you've done when you fill up the following time. Get a VAT receipt which will show all the other figures required. Then you just need to enter them into the website and that will work it all out for you.

Don't worry if you don't know your average annual mileage. Just stick any figure in that box. That's just there to estimate your annual fuel costs, etc. Doesn't affect the MPG figure.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club