Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Focus

georgen

Well Today Ive took a bit of a gamble and bought another focus, trouble is Ive never seen it in the flesh yet but at the price i paid think its worth the risk, its a 55 plate 1.6 lx petrol in tonic blue I believe, 95000 miles with a stuffed front bumper no tax or mot. they state it runs and sounds fine couple of scrapes apart from bumper and its a repo car, one key and V5.

Will any front bumper from 2005 to 2008 fit?

• Like 1

Hopefully you got it at a truely bargain price!

Most bumpers should fit, I dont believe there is any differences, but you need to make sure that you get from the same MK, so it needs to be the MK2 and not the MK2.5 as they (I believe) have slightly different placed fittings...

• Like 2

Got to hand it to you - That is by far one of the best buys I have seen this year!

You can find that bumper in most scrappies. I had an accident a few years ago, they quoted about £400 for a sprayed front bumper, so I cant see it being that bad if you were to buy brand new even!

If you want the car to get back to glorious, you could call around a few scrappies, and find an almost perfect bumper, and take it for that car. Just fit and T cut until you get it to an accepted state, or you can just buy new and have a bodyshop match the colours.

Even if you dont want to keep it, I recon you could fix it up and sell it on for the best part of 2k

• Like 2

Awesome looking Focus - sure like the colour :lol:

• Like 2

Got to hand it to you - That is by far one of the best buys I have seen this year!

You can find that bumper in most scrappies. I had an accident a few years ago, they quoted about £400 for a sprayed front bumper, so I cant see it being that bad if you were to buy brand new even!

If you want the car to get back to glorious, you could call around a few scrappies, and find an almost perfect bumper, and take it for that car. Just fit and T cut until you get it to an accepted state, or you can just buy new and have a bodyshop match the colours.

Even if you dont want to keep it, I recon you could fix it up and sell it on for the best part of 2k

Ive found a bumper on eBay looks the right colour, but ill check tomorrow when i pick car up, its £150 delivered but will just go straight on and its complete with everything including spots which ill pinch :ph34r: , put it in for test and tax, so should be on the road for a grand, Ive bought it to keep and to get our lass out of the (sorry) fat arsed Megane she has. :D

• Like 3

Looks like you got yourself a bargain there

• Like 2

Looks like you got yourself a bargain there

Lets hope its not a total shed then LOL.

• Like 2

from the look of it youll need the bumper with foam with crashbar youll need a passenger side wing as well front headlight the concern will be the damage you cant see behind the bumper probably a new radiator and undertray a new aircon radiator as well but still a decent buy if its all as it looks

• Like 1

from the look of it youll need the bumper with foam with crashbar youll need a passenger side wing as well front headlight the concern will be the damage you cant see behind the bumper probably a new radiator and undertray a new aircon radiator as well but still a decent buy if its all as it looks

Nah, wont need all that, complete Bumper I say, we could have a poll on it :D

• Like 1

Nah, you can see the nearside wing is damaged too.

• Like 1

i fixed one with the same type of damage and once we got into it there was far more than it looked .

the aircon rad was burst so a new rad and a sytem top up was needed for that the undershield at the front that protects the rad from stones was knackered the rear crash bar was bent and the foam was bust the main radiator was slightly bent and leaking and one of the clips at the bottom was burst the horn was snapped off so that was needed and the airbox resonator was cracked which sits way down behind the bumper .

if you look at the pic closely the side wings been bent out in the position its bent that will need replaced as it wont reshape im not trying to burst youre bubble but on the road and bought for a grand i dont think so youll be extremely lucky if it is just the bumper you wont know till you get it and strip it down at the front end .

if you look at the pics either the bonnets out of alignment or its the angle but the headlight is definately pushed in further than it should and the scrapes round the lock suggests the remote doesnt work or the central locking doesnt i hope it isnt that bad and youve been very lucky mate i really do

i used to buy cars like this and sell them as a job you always have to look at what needs done that you cant see i learned hard lessons buying cars i couldnt inspect and on a few spent way more than they were worth and ended up using them myself

i fixed one with the same type of damage and once we got into it there was far more than it looked the aircon rad was burst so a new rad and a sytem top up was needed for that the undershield at the front that protects the rad from stones was knackered the rear crash bar was bent and the foam was bust the main radiator was slightly bent and leaking and one of the clips at the bottom was burst the horn was snapped off so that was needed if you look at the pic closely the side wings been bent out in the position its bent that will need replaced as it wont reshape im not trying to burst youre bubble but on the road and bought for a grand i dont think so youll be extremely lucky if it is just the bumper you wont know till you get it and strip it down at the front end if you look at the pics either the bonnets out of alignment or its the angle but the headlight is definately pushed in further than it should

i used to buy cars like this and sell them as a job you always have to look at what needs done that you cant see i learned hard lessons buying cars i couldnt inspect i gaurantee you thats not all that needs done

well we will find out tomorrow when i get it back, ive done this thing many times too and alot will go back, i can see the wing pushed in and creased on the arch but will straighten enough to line up, headlight will fix, its just whats lurking behind that bumper, i still think the side front took most of it so less to damage but we shall soon know, the last damaged car took me 9 weeks to get on the road, was a little worse than this, but i did change front and rear bumper, pass door, front subframe, rear axle, totally striped engine and interior out including dash heater matrix peddle box, steering column, entire wire harness, exhaust system, complete suspension and upgraded the brakes, everything mentioned was replaced from a mixture of polo gti and lupo gti and ended up with the only gti powered polo with a six speed gearbox. so this one should be a walk in the park. ;)

• Like 1

I say start a project thread! I would be interested to see your progress with pictures and to see how you turn it around :)

• Like 1

I'd say if you require a front sub frame panel which are PVC not metal,

Then I'd purchase a Mk2.5 sub frame,

Then you can fit mk2.5 front end

You would along with sub frame require,

Side wings

Headlights

Bonnet

Bumper

But if not then try find a early 2008 mk2 front bumper its the same one for the convert able focus, looks bang tidy.

Along with some black headlights.

2579f33_20.jpg

untitled.png112_06geneva_05z_2007_ford_focus_pf_conv

• Like 1

Well I have picked it up, some things that miffed me a bit other bits a bit happier. I list the bits I need first for deffo:

new front bumper,

Front crash bar

Bits that will survive:

Headlight, will 2500 wet and dry then machine polish back up,

Front wing will survive too, will end up with little crease at front but will get a mate with a body shop to sort that later.

Front panel looks like its going to be ok, its pushed back a bit at the point its mounted, the plates have pushed back.

Radiator and air con radiator completely untouched,

Air pick up for air box will re-attach,

Iffy bits

Foam soft bit.

The engine under-tray is not there so not loosing any sleep over that, the bits I am a bit miffed over is a nice crease in passenger rear arch and touch on door, I wont be doing anything with this at moment but will get done at same time as other bits of bodywork. also the key I have is not the remote key so if someone can tell me best way around this as in getting a remote key setup for it. then there's the petty bits, the glove box handle pulled off and gear gaiter damaged and car is a !Removed! hole inside, we have emptied everything out but its full off gravel as-well, the surprise of the day was the tax disk which covers this month.

008_zps4ec06d2a.jpg

007_zpsa83734e5.jpg

006_zpsce6ee089.jpg

005_zps219a7374.jpg

004_zpsb60d1a16.jpg

003_zps3e4c6fac.jpg

002_zps0dfc4c5a.jpg

001_zps6acb8f83.jpg

009_zpsce37ee8a.jpg

010_zpsde89e1de.jpg

011_zps32a3cf19.jpg

014_zps9969f5eb.jpg

013_zps115ec4ee.jpg

012_zpscb9ad542.jpg

• Like 1

questionable stains on those seats might want to get the top gear forensics on them lol

Oj nice buy for very little could all be easily sorted

• Like 1

Cheers have sent a few e-mails off regarding parts, does anyone know if the crash bar is the same on the c max?

Coolant is looking low to me there mate,

See my guide on programming the remote central locking part of the key,

But as said you need to get the glass chip programmed to the immobiliser aswell as key cut,

But programming remote central locking you can do that part yourself.

Get yourself a modified elm327 and wipe the other key fob off the system,

So the lost key fob will no longer unlock the car ;)

• Like 1

Coolant is looking low to me there mate,

See my guide on programming the remote central locking part of the key,

But as said you need to get the glass chip programmed to the immobiliser aswell as key cut,

But programming remote central locking you can do that part yourself.

Get yourself a modified elm327 and wipe the other key fob off the system,

So the lost key fob will no longer unlock the car ;)

Cheers Lenny, I know you can do this with vag keys so good to know i can with ford ones, just ordered front bumper, light scratches but other body work needs doing so all get done together, another crash-bar and another passenger side bumper mount piece, total spent so far £111.99

• Like 1

Fair play george and good luck ...will ye be my dad? Lol ...nice project update us as you go pls

• Like 1

I'd say if you require a front sub frame panel which are PVC not metal,

Then I'd purchase a Mk2.5 sub frame,

Then you can fit mk2.5 front end

You would along with sub frame require,

Side wings

Headlights

Bonnet

Bumper

But if not then try find a early 2008 mk2 front bumper its the same one for the convert able focus, looks bang tidy.

Along with some black headlights.

2579f33_20.jpg

untitled.png112_06geneva_05z_2007_ford_focus_pf_conv

This car is for our lass Lenny, dont you think we should keep the good stuff for mine. :ph34r: :D

• Like 1

This car is for our lass Lenny, dont you think we should keep the good stuff for mine. :ph34r: :D

lol only the best for your daughter George,

I just thought you might aswell while your at it lol

And I'm pretty sure the focus c-max has a different sub frame mate.

Fair play george and good luck ...will ye be my dad? Lol ...nice project update us as you go pls

Who's your Daddy !Removed!!!

Mike brewer or George ?

You can call me edd china if you want ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club