Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Bay Fire

ARNIE.H

ANY EXPERIENCES OF ENGINE BAY FIRES WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF STARTING A COLD ENGINE. GLOWPLUG CABLE TERMINAL TO WIRING LOOM MELTED ,IGNITED, IN TURN SPREAD TO DIESEL FUEL LINES. FORD RELUCTANT TO DISCUSS BECAUSE I SOUGHT HELP FROM MY LOCAL NON FORD GARAGE EVEN THOUGH MAIN DEALER HAS SERVICED UNIT FROM NEW . 2009 1.8 TDCi 22K ON THE CLOCK. ARNIE .H

• Like 1

sounds like a cop out to me

has car been repaired by non Ford garage or just checked the cause

sounds like a cop out to me

has car been repaired by non Ford garage or just checked the cause

LOCAL INDEPENDANT GARAGE REPAIRED CAR WITH PARTS SUPPLIED BY FORD, £110 PLUS £90 LABOUR + VAT = £240. REQUESTING PAYMENT FROM FORD UK.

• Like 1

phone trading standards and citizen advice for how to push this, tell you what and how you go on, but I would of thought you had a case and you should win, but might take a while, there hope bu dragging it on that you just forget about it, but keep at them.

Would get a written report on why and what happened from garage that did repair...even if still under warranty your still covered if Ford parts were fitted.

will be watching this with interest.

Just as a friendly word though CAPITALS SEEM LIKE YOUR SHOUTING AT THE AUDIENCE!!!! so just stick to the lower case ;) :)