#1 leegoacher

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: lee
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 1997

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have a Mazda 121 basically the same as a fiesta mk 4 I have a standard air filter in box the air inlet sensor is housed in the air filter box when I want to put a cone filter on but will have nowhere for the sensor to go with put causing turbelance any ideas ( tube from the engine inlet has a metal casing with a chip connected with the sensor to the air filter box) will try and get pics thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

On some cars K&N etc make kits with pipes/ hoses to refit the MAF sensor  

In general the cone filter is a waste of time - it loses power because it draws warm air from under the bonnet (cooler air = more oxegen per cc = more power) and the most it achieves is more noise

Heat sheilds and cool air intakes do not work if the cone filter can draw any warm, underbonnet air  

A lot of manufacturers now make encapsulated cone filters now (BMC, pipercross(viper)) to combat this problem

Fully encapsulated pipercross viper cone filter/ induction kit -

More info -

BMC cda (carbon dynamic airbox) -

Even so often the stock airbox outperforms these - this is because the stock airbox is often "tuned" or "matched" to the engine to boost torque a little (the aftermarket "performance" filters are not)

You may be better fitting a panel filter from K&N or pipercross -

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users