Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres To Reduce Road Noise

keefsaund

I have recently bought a 2003 Fiesta 1.4' petrol.

OK, a bit old but I know the owner who has had it from new and who has loved it and had it Ford-serviced all its life and it has only clocked up 47,000.

It's a great little motor but the tyre noise over 50mph is making me think of getting rid of it and at 70 it is unbearable, even with AVC set to +7.

It has alloy wheels and is currently running on Pirreli P6000's 195/50 R15 V, which admittedly are so old the side walls are starting to crack, even though there is plenty of tread left.

So, with MOT coming up I know it will be highlighted and I am quite prepared to spend a couple of hundred on new tyres but which ones?

Tyre reviews are mixed and it almost seems that a tyre on one car will be noisy whereas on another it will be considered quiet.

So, can anyone recommend a tyre that will let me listen to my radio at a level below which my ears bleed?

MOT due next Sunday, 18th, so I don't have long.

Always had Michelins, currently i have Pirreli P6 (were on the car when i bought it) but there just about the noisiest tires you can buy. As soon as they're worn out i'm going back to Michelins! Never had any problems with road noise with Michelins and they reduce my fuel consumption also thus works both ways ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club