Ben Abdul

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Saad
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 tddi
  • Year: 2000

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hello Folks!

This is my first post here and consider me fairly noob in Diesel Fuel systems. I have a 2000 Ford Focus Ghia 1.8 TDDI which is a brilliant runner other than a recent problem I noticed. I pulled into my driveway this afternoon and saw white smoke coming from under the hood. I could smell diesel and there was a trail of leakage upto my parking spot as well. I popped the hood, started the car and bam! a fountain of my precious diesel everywhere! It's the fourth injector and the leak off pipe is missing...

Now I read a fair bit on the forums about how I can procure myself some of them pipes from Hellf**** but I have no idea where does is go. I see no dangling old pipe or have no clue where that pipe would go from the injector. I don't understand why would it even come off on it's own with my rather low rev and tamed driving :) I understand that it would complete a loop back to fuel system but have no clue how in this specific engine layout. Any photo is very welcome!!!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Ben Abdul

Ben Abdul

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Saad
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 tddi
  • Year: 2000

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Ah well... If it benefits anyone, the last injector has a rubber bung that seals off the leak off loop. I figured it out myself and got it from halfords. 

#3 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

well done for sorting it out Ben.

i'd love to help but i know jack about engines, especially diesel ones.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuel Rail, Fuel Injector, Leak off Pipe, Endura DI, Diesel Leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users