Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise On How To Upgrade Stereo Sytem, Sound And Interior

Raz123

Stoney, trying to install the ashtray now. Do I need to break the existing lighting from the back or it snaps off from the head?

If you are referring to the black ring holding the lighter socket into the original position then there's two ways.

First is to push in two plastic lugs inside the socket itself which are a right pain to get to or snap the empty tube on the side of the black ring off with pliers and pish the whole lot through from back to front.

I'f try the lugs first, if you have a thin bladed screwdriver push each lug out in turn making sure you force the lugs hard enough to permanently unhook them then slide the socket out forwards.

Managed to finally do, broke the black ring and scratched the lighter lol. But finally done. :-) now need to wait for a Fascia...

Still looking for a carbon fibre one?

I'll keep watch for you too.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Yes, missed out on one two weeks ago. There is one on there now but damaged on the right hand side. Like a burnt plastic. So don't wanna get that. So yes will help if you know someone or find one for me in good condition.

Thanks again for your help.

I'll keep a look out.

They don't go cheap but far better than £280 from Ford.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Btw does the Sony stereo be connected to be used for ipod? And charge at the same time?

The only ways to get an iPod connection are to have the bluetooth module with USB/AUX input or (like I'm about to fit into my car) a standalone USB interface-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-FIESTA-MONDEO-USB-SD-CARD-AUX-IN-ADAPTER-CONNECTS-2-CTAFOUSB005-/150830838455?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item231e37f2b7

Looks cool, let us know once you install it and if you recommend it. Thanks

I will do.

Hopefully tomorrow weather permitting.

It's part of a bigger mod that I've been planning for a while but only just got all the bits together (and then the crappy weather arrives when I finally have a couple of days to do it in).

• 5 weeks later...

Looks cool, let us know once you install it and if you recommend it. Thanks

Fitted the USB kit, does nothing with an iPod but is perfect with a memory srick.

You can skip tracks and folders with the steering controls.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Managed to complete the interior now. However don't think my sony is BT but it's a 2009 model I think so confused.

Sound quality is better than the standard cd player I had.

Now need to get rear Speakers any advice on size etc?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

post-45987-139159923529_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi looking for a bit of advice. Has anyone changed standard Ford radio to sony dab head on fiesta zetec 2014. Is it just a case of swapping units and fitting new aerial? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club