Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teething Troubles With '13 Fiesta

HelloJP

Hello everyone!

I'm a first time Ford owner and have just - less than two weeks ago - picked up my candy blue '13 Fiesta Titanium. Coming from a Vauxhall Twintop I'm really happy with it - I can now listen to my iPhone much easier, for a start!

I have got a couple of teething troubles though and would like some advice on these. I've done some searching and couldn't spot much so sorry if I've missed threads.

- drivers side wiper blade

I've noticed that during wet days the bottom half of my drivers side wiper judders up and down the screen. I've spoken to my dealer (SMC) who checked it all and said all the parts were fine and the problem is on their other Fiesta too. They've said there is nothing they can do apart from log a report (a Global Concern something) and get Ford to investigate. Is this really a systemic fault like they suggest - does every '13 Fiesta do this?

- Sync text messages

I'm loving the SYNC system and happily paired both my phones. When I get texts though it always says they're from 'unknown' and sometimes when I receive calls it just displays the number. Have I set it up wrong?

And finally...

- floormat

Random one but my drivers side may (£30 extra, typical) seems to be wearing down quite quickly where my feet rest. I'm a big lad to be fair but are they fairly cheap as standard? Any tips or anything?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Id imagine its merely a problem with the tension on the wiper arm. Id imagine it should just be a simple adjustment. As for the mats that's realy strange especially if the cars only a couple of weeks old id complain to the dealer and get a replacement set of better quality. Ive seen a few people mentioning the texting problem but as yet I dont think theres a solution to it but Ford do regularly update their software so id imagine this issue will be addresses soon. If you arent getting very far with the dealer regarding the wiper situation id get in touch with Ford customer care directly. Are you on Facebook? If so I know someone from Ford customer care who may be able to get you some help

• Like 1

Hi Dan

Thanks for the comment - yes I would have thought the arm could be easily fixed but they've told me it happens on their other one they have parked there too. Would be good to get a hookup on Facebook too if possible :) I'll send you a private message with my details on.

- Sync text messages

I'm loving the SYNC system and happily paired both my phones. When I get texts though it always says they're from 'unknown' and sometimes when I receive calls it just displays the number. Have I set it up wrong?

- floormat

Random one but my drivers side may (£30 extra, typical) seems to be wearing down quite quickly where my feet rest. I'm a big lad to be fair but are they fairly cheap as standard? Any tips or anything?

Hi mate, I have the same two problems. My SYNC system always comes up with 'unknown' for text messages and the number for calls too. Have you had a read of the handbook? I'll grab it out the car when I'm free and see if there's any solution to this.

Regarding the floor mats, my dealer threw some in for me and where your foot rests near the pedals it has worn quite a bit I must admit!

Hi, are all of your phones actually fully compatible with sync and text? Check on the ford sync website here http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/MobileCompatibility

James, usually these kind of wiper issues are caused by screen that has road contamination on it. I suggest a good clean with vinegar. I certainly wouldn't say your car has any teething problems at all...

dont think the system is made of iphones... I dont receive the texts on screen. But i do get the names when i call

- drivers side wiper blade

I've noticed that during wet days the bottom half of my drivers side wiper judders up and down the screen. I've spoken to my dealer (SMC) who checked it all and said all the parts were fine and the problem is on their other Fiesta too. They've said there is nothing they can do apart from log a report (a Global Concern something) and get Ford to investigate. Is this really a systemic fault like they suggest - does every '13 Fiesta do this?

- floormat

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

The driver's side wiper on our Fiesta judders on the bottom half as well, and have noticed it occasionally on my Focus. I think it's just because the blades are so long to be honest, but as said, some vinegar on the glass will ensure a cleaner windscreen and a smoother sweep.

I only really noticed holes in my driver's floor mat at about 20,000 miles. Some wear is to be expected as it get's lots of abuse as you get in and out etc, but I wouldn't have thought you'd be finding holes just yet :P

Thanks for the comments everyone. Looks like with SYNC I just need to grin and bear it - although my phone's listed on the SYNC site I suppose I should just be grateful for what it does now :)

I'd also be fine just putting vinegar on my screen but to be honest it slightly rankles me as this feels like a design fault, or something that should be fixed. I've tweeted at Ford service who say they'll call me back - should have been an hour ago, as it happens - so we'll see. Not the end of the world and still a very nice car anyway.

Hi James, believe me when I say your wipers have no design fault. They are the same design as fitted to most manufacturers cars and one that has been used in previous Fiesta's too. Ours do not behave in the way you describe once I'd cleaned the screen. Your car's screen might also have some residual left over from its manufacturer that the dealership hasn't properly cleaned off.

As for the sync, there aren't many phones that are fully compatible with sync and texting, thus you will have to wait until a update comes along which might change it. However you have a product made by Apple on a system designed by Microsoft, thus it might be up to apple to upgrade their firmware...