• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wayne

wayne

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:11 PM

I HAVE A 2001 MONDEO MK3 AN WANT A SECOND KEY FOB AS I ONLY HAVE ONE AND ITS REALLY WORN,THERES LOADS ON EBAY THAT LOOK THE SAME AS MINE,3 BUTTON BUT DOES THE PART NUMBER HAVE TO BE THE SAME AND HOW TO I PROGRAMME IT..IS IT TURN THE KEY TO II/O FOUR TIMES ETC A STEP BY STEP GUIDE WOULD BE GREAT AND ALSO HELP WITH THE PART NUMBERS SO I BID ON THE RIGHT ONE..IM NEW HERE SO BE GENTLE..LOL..THANKS

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 craggy

craggy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 tdci ghia x

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

I HAVE A 2001 MONDEO MK3 AN WANT A SECOND KEY FOB AS I ONLY HAVE ONE AND ITS REALLY WORN,THERES LOADS ON EBAY THAT LOOK THE SAME AS MINE,3 BUTTON BUT DOES THE PART NUMBER HAVE TO BE THE SAME AND HOW TO I PROGRAMME IT..IS IT TURN THE KEY TO II/O FOUR TIMES ETC A STEP BY STEP GUIDE WOULD BE GREAT AND ALSO HELP WITH THE PART NUMBERS SO I BID ON THE RIGHT ONE..IM NEW HERE SO BE GENTLE..LOL..THANKS

hope these might help you.

Attached Thumbnails

• key_coding.jpg
  • keys.jpg

#3 wayne

wayne

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

ok mate i will give it a go and get bak to you cheers..wayne

#4 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

You will not be able to programme a new key to start the engine with only one key that is already known to the car. You MUST HAVE 2 known keys to set PATS to learning mode. You'll get central locking working ok but it wont start the car. Save your money dont get a key off e-bay. Ford will charge at least 90 to programme PATs on the computer and they wont programme a second hand key so it will be a waste of your money pal

#5 mark1316

mark1316

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 14 tdci
Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

You will not be able to programme a new key to start the engine with only one key that is already known to the car. You MUST HAVE 2 known keys to set PATS to learning mode. You'll get central locking working ok but it wont start the car. Save your money dont get a key off e-bay. Ford will charge at least 90 to programme PATs on the computer and they wont programme a second hand key so it will be a waste of your money pal

I was thinking of doing the same thing on my MK3 but I have the original keys . The remote and the blue chip one that starts the car as well . Does this mean I would not need to go to ford to have a new remote Key coded to start the car ?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users