Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Wont Open?

Magor

hi all im having a bit of trouble with my 2010 ford fiesta titanium, lately i havent been able to open my boot with the boot handle i have been having to open it with my key fob, anyone having the same problem or has had it and found out what was wrong ?
cheers dan

Common problem on fiesta bud, the boot switch goes on them....usually it opens whilst driving thats the most common fault, but I would say its a new boot switch that is required

My Focus has the same prob, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I can feel and hear the micro-switch operating but I haven't got around to opening it up yet.

thats a bit of a p**s take, any idea how much one costs and is it a simple thing to replace myself or not ?

Not sure exactly how much they are.... 2010? Is it still under warranty possibly? And nah easy enough too change mate....you need too take the trim pieces off at each side of the bootlid I think...not sure if you need the side trims off..... and then continue too take the centre trim out :) 10mm nuts i think? Then on the outaide of the boot you pull off the trim with the switch in it and remove switch :)

no the warrenty ran out in july just my luck with things like that, ill have a look into it

Ahhh! Thats a shame! Yeah its not too bad too do :)