Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Pump

Clarky82

Hi all, I've just brought a 1.6 2006 focus ti vct that sucked in water I've rebuilt the engine and starts fine, however I have the oil light on the dash I have checked the oil pressure switch that's working fine. Ive also replaced the filter twice and flushed it out, Is there anyway of checking the oil pump with out stripping it out ? Thanks

the oil light can refer to the ti vct system that uses high pressure oil feeds to move the ti vct valves without the high pressure feed the ti vct will not work you can get the oil light then the engine management light then the car goes into limp mode if the lights on then it looks like you may have to bite the bullet and strip the oil pump

Yes, you need to check if there is oil pressure. Plenty of cheap kits available

Thanks for the quick replies I will be stripping it down today

Hi thanks I've stripped the oil pump that's all fine I have found a crack in the bottom end of the block where the oil chamber runs through, so I'm after a bottom end if anyone knows of one engine code hxdb thanks

hard to find the ti vct uses only that bottom end it must be a ti vct its replaced with due to the way its designed internally they are hard to find mate modern ones are different puma ones are different eBay rarely have them and most breakers dont list them as ti vct due to the difference in clearances internally etc it has to be the same bottom end

Thanks, some1 i rang about a spare said that they used chemical metal to repair the hole and the car is still running, not sure weather to do that as a short term fix til I locate one as the car won't be used very much, would any one know the torque setting for the Conrod ends please, thanks for all the info and help

Dont have the settings stef would know if you try him

Cant see metal repair doing much with the heat the main oil pathways are there i suppose you could always try it since youre replacing it anyway and see if she runs fine

Thanks, I've found complete engine but the engine code is hxda rather than hxdb would this cause many problems or would I just need the ecu as well

From what i found out they are the same engine hxda/hxdb same fuel system etc head bolt torques i got 15 at stage 1

30 at stage 2 90 at stage 3 plugs 15nm from pics there doesnt seem to be a difference plugs alternator fuel pressure etc identical

Fantastic thanks I think that's going to be the best bet just to replace the whole block if they are the same :)

Hxda/hxdb ford focus fiesta cmax from 2004-2010 using siemans sim 28 fuel system same co2 values and lambda values same rad cap pressures battery plugs head torques only thing i noticed on the newer ones was a different airbox taking the cylindrical filter rather than rectangular look interchangeable havent tried that yet as long as its from a focus it will be fine by the look of it

Thanks would there be a problem if he doesn't have the ecu for it