Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lighting

dezwez

just done my Ignition Barrel with red leds and footwell

lights well pleased with them :)

2013-08-15210237_zps8f5b8002.jpg

looks better for real than the pictures do :)

glad to see you joined the dark side and strayed from the blue

did mine red to go with the radio blues to cold for me :)

Showing my age here but in the early ninety's we used to paint bulbs red and put them into the heater vents, for the warm glow lol. haven't seen that recently, but they do say everything comes back into fashion :D

ivew got the red in the rear footwells as well and the interior festoon bulb the green in the door handles goes with the stock green stereo and button lights the red with the cluster

• Like 1

looks great look like I have more work to do lol

the rears are easy to do with the led strips just a case of running the wire under the carpet splicing into the footwell at the front and then attatching to the metal on the underside of the seat with enough extra cable so the seat can go all the way forward or back

never too many lights

• Like 1

the rears are easy to do with the led strips just a case of running the wire under the carpet splicing into the footwell at the front and then attatching to the metal on the underside of the seat with enough extra cable so the seat can go all the way forward or back

never too many lights

Vent time ;)

I didnt even go under the carpets, I went under the palstics. Ran the cable under the frame of the door / the rubber seal, and then up to the centre console area from there... no major surgery :D

• Like 1

for the rears its easier to go under the carpet adding the wiring into the tidy for the under seat wiring that way it moves when the seat does and you cant see any extra wiring quite funny seeing mechanics trying to look up and figure out where the lights and wires are

Agree'd it may be easier in some respects, but both seats have enough excess that its discreet and moves with the chair. Im happy with it, but if carpet games sounds unnerving to someone its an easier answer!

• Like 1

Whatevers simpler at the time anyway works im just a bit anal about hiding wires

• Like 1

I will be doing rear footwell lights with puddle lights too. I was thinking of running it under the carpet but if the cables are completely hidden running under plastic trims at the side i like that idea too, thinking about it, sounds okay but will have to try and see what works best.

Is the carpet glued down?

For mine i ordered a set of 501 bulb holders, i dislike LED strips not my thing but also using 501 bulb holder there is of course the chance to change colours hassle free.

Now saying all that in theory i wasn't planning on fitting the lights anywhere to the seat to be moveable, movement can break wires, what i had planned is basically to use some silicon or hot glue whatever i have laying around and basically glue the bulb holder onto the top of the rear foot air vents under the seat. With this method it's always hidden and the bulbs are changeable, that's the theory anyways will see how it goes.

on the colour note i did not go blue! or red ;- ) I went purple baby

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club