• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

kstaplet

New Engine In C-Max - Wont Start

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

quite new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help on this one. I bought a poorly C-MAX and had a new engine fitted - the engine has all gone in nicely -(along with a new turbo, DMF and Clutch!), but the !Removed! thing wont start :-(

Its a 1.6tdci - put it on diagnostics and it throwing up the the following error code:

U1900 CAN Communications Bus Fault - Receive Error B902.

Now, i now the U1900 is ECU/CAN Network related, but does anyone know what the last part relates to (B902)? I'm hoping maybe something hasn't been plugged in but trying to trace it is proving tough at the moment.

any help would be much appreciated! :-)

fogot to add, it turns over ok, just wont fire up

Have you tried the chip in the pulley?I know somebody who did an engine change in similar circumstances and they spent all day and a number of mechanics trying to work it out,untill a passer by told them to check the pulley wheel.The chip needs to be recoded or put the old pulley in with it.

Hi- thanks, will have to look into that- thought there was only a sensor on the crankshaft pulley though?

Hi- thanks, will have to look into that- thought there was only a sensor on the crankshaft pulley though?

Well apparently theres a chip inside it that needs to work alongside the ECU,if it doesnt the engine simply doesnt go.

Interesting, I never would have considered anything like a chip in a pulley! will be watching this with interest!