#1 bacahill

bacahill

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Brett
  • Ford Model: Focus mk1 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2001

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I've just made an account on this forum so hello guys, nice to meet you all ;)

So I thought you might be able to help me with a leak problem on my mk1 focus (51 plate). I've had a small leaking problem in the passenger side footwell since I bought the car about a year ago. It was never much so it didn't really bother me. Lately though, it's been raining pretty heavily and the puddle gets bigger each time. Luckily for me, I have thick ford mats that stop most of the water from soaking into the carpet. From the inside, you can see that the water has come from behind the dashboard in the center.

I've read that the pollen filter can quite often be the cause of the problem, but I was wondering if there's anything else that it could be. It might be worth mentioning that someone has done an awful job at putting the scuttle cover on - there's a bit gap (about 0.5-1cm) between the bottom of the windscreen and the scuttle itself. It also has 2 screws missing from it so I'm not sure if this is affecting what I assume is supposed to act as a gutter.

If anyone can help me out with what's causing it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

it will be the pollen filter a revised scuttle panel should have been fitted and the filter seal will need replaced as well to prevent water leaks

6736316689_a399910671_b.jpg Picture 005.jpg

#3 bacahill

bacahill

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Brett
  • Ford Model: Focus mk1 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2001

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'll get a replacement and if you don't here any more from me, it worked! :) cheers

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users