Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 tdci 110
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

That's a nice car. Being a jap car you'll see plenty of power to be squeezed out of that :) do I have the same gearbox as you I would of thought so. See all you need is all the bits off of my car and onto yours and youll have a winner :) when is your belt due it's change then. You can't of put many miles in that surely? My gauge will arrive Saturday :) so everything will be fitted on my next four off. Just need a drill the same size or slightly smaller so try and intimate any possible leaks. And a good thing about the industry I work in I can get hold of alotnof stuff. Especially piping. So I've just sourced aload for the gauge :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,689 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

That's a nice car. Being a jap car you'll see plenty of power to be squeezed out of that :) do I have the same gearbox as you I would of thought so. See all you need is all the bits off of my car and onto yours and youll have a winner :) when is your belt due it's change then. You can't of put many miles in that surely? My gauge will arrive Saturday :) so everything will be fitted on my next four off. Just need a drill the same size or slightly smaller so try and intimate any possible leaks. And a good thing about the industry I work in I can get hold of alotnof stuff. Especially piping. So I've just sourced aload for the gauge :)

Lol only your turbo is different and remapped I'm only losing 15bhp compared to being remapped with the same turbo as your car, your gearbox etc is all the same
I'm very happy with the car I have, but I'm tempted to purchase a Levin for fun as they use velocity stacks induction
I think timing belt is due around 150,000 miles but not 100% sure, I've got 82,000miles on it now
You don't need to drill the grommet leading to the engine bay,
Just undo the PVC tape and push it through the hole then tape it up again.

#48 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Oh right mines due at 125000k. I was looking at my self sealing nipple at it has two rubber washers. I'd imagine and correct me if I'm wrong that one of the washers will go inside and the other to go on the outside to stop it from leaking? Also I forgot to say that drilling I meant drilling into the rubber boost pipe. Sorry lol

IMAG0793.jpg

#49 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,689 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Oh right mines due at 125000k. I was looking at my self sealing nipple at it has two rubber washers. I'd imagine and correct me if I'm wrong that one of the washers will go inside and the other to go on the outside to stop it from leaking? Also I forgot to say that drilling I meant drilling into the rubber boost pipe. Sorry lol

Yes that's correct mate
One washer inside
One washer outside
Then bolt down tight,
This prevents splitting under heavy pressure.

#50 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hello mate right fitting gauge today got everything. Could you please send me a pics of what wires I need to splice into? I had to modify the vent as the gauge wouldn't fit. So had to do abit of chopping and now all is well :)

#51 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,689 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hello mate right fitting gauge today got everything. Could you please send me a pics of what wires I need to splice into? I had to modify the vent as the gauge wouldn't fit. So had to do abit of chopping and now all is well :)

Easiest way to show you at the present time is for me to refer to Preee's led cup holder illumination guide
. http://www.fordowner...-to-cup-holder/
And quote an extract from it because photo bucket is failing me at the moment
As press says below splice in to the plug for switched positive live, meaning the gauge illuminates along with your interior lights.
Splice in to the large black cable at the rear of the climate controls for an earth feed.

STEP 5)Using a flat head screwdriver , start from the bottom of the radio surround , insert screwdriver covered witha cloth and using a twisting action work your way from the bottom / middle and upwards until radio surround is free.20111105115825.jpgBy preeee at 2011-11-05http://img828.images...115917.jpg]ByBy preeee at 2011-11-05STEP 6)Using T25 HEX screwdriver undo the two retaining screws and remover , un-clip the set of buttons.You can now see the wiring for the buttons , i found two live feeds when lights are turned on.Furthest right (on mine)is the wires used for the ESP or Electric roof on CC models Orange/White = +. Left of that are the wires for the Rear Demisterwire is Orange/Black + both of these are live when side lights are turned on.

.20111105120640.jpg

Alternatively if you want the gauge to illuminate on the ignition start,
Then splice it in t the large red feed at the rear of the climate controls

#52 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Right ok yeah I thought photo bucket is down as I was trying to go back through the pics and well I can't see them which was why I was asking. Right ok so surround off the radio out as I need to get behind it for pipe routing and give box to be removed to access the grommet. I've got to wait a while for the car to cool down as I've been out and about. I went to the dealership to get radio code as I didn't have one in the end. All free of charge of course :) also found out how to find your serial code out without removing the stereo :) I think I'll worry about electronic bits later as in tomorrow as I just want to get it mechanically working. If I get stuff I'll post pics so watch out :)

#53 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,689 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Right ok yeah I thought photo bucket is down as I was trying to go back through the pics and well I can't see them which was why I was asking. Right ok so surround off the radio out as I need to get behind it for pipe routing and give box to be removed to access the grommet. I've got to wait a while for the car to cool down as I've been out and about. I went to the dealership to get radio code as I didn't have one in the end. All free of charge of course :) also found out how to find your serial code out without removing the stereo :) I think I'll worry about electronic bits later as in tomorrow as I just want to get it mechanically working. If I get stuff I'll post pics so watch out :)

Look forward to pictures of results mate,
My photobucket is down because they want me to pay for the usage on there server,
I'll sort it out Thursday

#54 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

Right i had the gauge fitted not electrically but mechanically and now I've encountered a problem. The gauge has stopped working..... I have no idea what's up with it. When it was installed it was making a whooshing noise to begin with but that was because the gauge side wasn't air tight enough. But the gauge registered 22psi peak but that wouldn't affect it as it's goes up to 30psi.. I checked to see if the pipe had came off the gauge but no. Then checked the filter. No nothing. So I have no idea. I've replied to the guy on eBay explaining basically what I've said to you. So just waiting for reply now. What do you think I should do?

#55 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

So radio out.....
IMAG0809.jpg

Vent out
IMAG0808.jpg

Boost pipe before.

IMAG0814.jpg

Boost pipe after. Please note that cable ties were added after...

IMAG0821.jpg

Gauge fitted...

IMAG0822.jpg

So there would of been more pics of it working but I'm having trouble with it :( please help!!!

#56 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Gauge not working = pipe is broken/ disconnected or blocked - check it has not come off / is not kinked where it goes through the firewall  & is the bonnet pressing against it when it closes?  

#57 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,689 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Boost gauge looks great fitted,
As foca says check the line mate,
And its worth noting boost won't rise when you rev the car or drive at consistent speed below 80mph
As I've said before the diesel turbo is a variable vain which helps the engine naturally reach speed then dies off as the engine naturally reaches the point of providing the speed.
So in some cases driving below 80mph it won't display consistent boost

#58 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Boost gauge working again... The rubber grommet that I passed it throught was too tight areund the hose causing it to crush and cut off the reading. Then I heard a hissing noise coming from the gauge itself. And the pipe that was crushes had part of that but the other part was that where the pipe connects to the gauge was loose sink managed to get another 1/4 of a tern on it without it breaking. It's quietened down a lot but still there. I guess that's what you get with a £20 gauge. But works well. It's just wiring now. I need full details to be honest. I'm a dump !Removed! when it comes to electrics. Basically I want the gauge to be lite when I turn the lights on. And also would like gauge lite when lights are also off?

Thanks for your help to diagnose my first initial problem :)

#59 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,689 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Boost gauge working again... The rubber grommet that I passed it throught was too tight areund the hose causing it to crush and cut off the reading. Then I heard a hissing noise coming from the gauge itself. And the pipe that was crushes had part of that but the other part was that where the pipe connects to the gauge was loose sink managed to get another 1/4 of a tern on it without it breaking. It's quietened down a lot but still there. I guess that's what you get with a £20 gauge. But works well. It's just wiring now. I need full details to be honest. I'm a dump !Removed! when it comes to electrics. Basically I want the gauge to be lite when I turn the lights on. And also would like gauge lite when lights are also off?
Thanks for your help to diagnose my first initial problem :)

Do you want the gauge to dim when you turn the lights on,
Or
Stay illuminated just the same weather lights are on or not?

#60 footfistart

footfistart

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

I would like it to come on and dim when lights are turned on...but the thing is I don't know how bright the bulb is I guess I can try the bulb by using a battery and test it that way surely? But I do want it dimmed :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users