Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta Seats

tomroscoe

My 100PS 2013 Fiesta Zetec is 3 months old and I can't get used to the front seats - they are just plain uncomfortable. Anyone else think this? The rear seats are fine, but there's a sort of hard bar that pushes into your bum. Back-rest is fine. My 12 year old Mondeo had beautifully comfy seats, so I know Ford can do it.

I'm 73 kg btw, so a perfectly normal weight for a 5'-11 bloke. My wife feels it too and tells me she wants to sit on a cushion the next time we go out, but I tell her that's a no-no from the H point and submarining pov.

What's to be done? Are we talking a warranty claim here?

tom.

I have the 125 zetec s which doesn't make a difference in seats I don't think anyway but I haven't had a problem with mine the best car seats I have sat in to be fair I can't feel any bar and I am 6ft 3 and weigh 116 kg I did a 280 mile trip in it the other day and it was so comfy I didn't even have to stop if I were you I would take it back to the dealer and see what they make of it

Hi I think the Titanium X has similar seats as it also has side bolsters that the lesser models do not. Thing is Ford have always had a reputation for making cars that are comfortable to drive for a while now and I've not really read any negative comments upon the being otherwise. So unless your has some peculiarity then perhaps you need to find a more comfortable seating adjustment. There should be a lumber ones there so try making it less pronounced and see if that works....

Our work cars are Zetecs as well and we've never found them to be a problem on long journeys, get the dealer to sit on them!

Thanks for all your input guys. Yes I think it's time I had the Ford dealer sit in the seats. And I'll sit in the showroom Fiesta as a double check.

• 2 months later...

I to have the same problem. I have just bought a Fiesta Titanium x and after a week my lower back is killing me. Just wondered how you got on at the Ford Dealer.

Hi Titanium X is not the same seat as a Zetec but the same seat as a ZetecS with some leather on it.(I think)?

Thanks, just wondered and having driven Fords for the past 20+ years never had a problem like this before.

I took my Zetec back to the dealer but the same car in the showroom had the same nasty 'bar' at the back of the seat, under your bum. Sorry, he said - they all seem to be like that. Yet the plusher models were fine, and as I say - my old Mondeo had beautiful seats 13 years go. One step forward, two steps back in the comfort dept, Mr Ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club