Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 zetec
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hi folks I have a quick question for ye. There is a dual exhaust from a 06 st goin cheap near me. My question is would it fit my 08 focus given the fact its only a 1.6 petrol?
Thanks in advance
John

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Focus-Jonny

Focus-Jonny

Heresss Jonny!!!!!

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Name: Jonathan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec S 1.6 Ti-vct
  • Year: 2010

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

I believe it doesnt fit mate due to the ST not having the recessed boot floor for a full size spare! I may stand corrected tho! Your car wont have the space to accomodate the back box which sits directly under the boot floor!

#3 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,815 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

I believe it doesnt fit mate due to the ST not having the recessed boot floor for a full size spare! I may stand corrected tho! Your car wont have the space to accomodate the back box which sits directly under the boot floor!

You are 100% correct -

The spare tyre recess canot be cut or removed either because its part of the chassis and you cannot modify the chassis due to the current MOT/ construction & use rules

You could have a special twin- outlet exhaust made to fit round the spare wheel well or simply fit a matching dummy tailpipe on the other side  

#4 jgriff

jgriff

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yea I was thinking that the boot recess could be an issue alright. I was hoping that you guys would tell me otherwise but oh well, would have been nice to get it at a bargain price of hundred quid

#5 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yea I was thinking that the boot recess could be an issue alright. I was hoping that you guys would tell me otherwise but oh well, would have been nice to get it at a bargain price of hundred quid

wouldnt call that a bargain as you could probably have a new backbox system for £150 from longlife/top gear exhausts

#6 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,714 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

wouldnt call that a bargain as you could probably have a new backbox system for £150 from longlife/top gear exhausts

Have you thought about getting a price from Darren at P.J Souhans there in trim,
Fitted my duplex said he could make a full cat back system for under 400 maybe worth getting a price on s duplex section would fit under the tyre well.
Image2314.jpg

#7 jgriff

jgriff

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Actually had forgotten you had yours done there lenny. Yea must give them a call and see what can be done

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users