Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New St Pricing

MartynS

I test drove the new ST this morning (it's really good, seats are awesome!) then went in to talk figures and get a trade in price for my current car - September 2010 Zetec S with ~22k miles. The sales advisor said there's very little discount they can do on the ST (£500-600 ish max) because of the high demand, and because the expected delivery date isn't until November now the trade in price for my current car isn't that high either.

I was being quite optimistic, expecting around £8k for my car, but he offered me £7k (would be more if trading in now and not November) and could then only knock £640 off the new one. So with the options I want, it's going to cost me £11.5k to change but I was hoping for more like £8k! How much more can be squeezed out of this do you think, do you reckon I could get it down to 11k or less? How much have you guys paid for yours?

Cheers!

You may be able to get a little more off the list price by using an online broker (you'd probably then need to sell yours privately) but like your dealer says, they're so popular and such a long waiting time the dealers know they don't need to discount them to make a sale.

http://www.autoebid.com/buy-new-cars/FORD/FIESTA/1.6-EcoBoost-ST-3d/57318.asp

http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/Buy/New_Car.jsp?selectedManufacturer=FORD&selectedModel=FIESTA+HATCHBACK&selectedVariant=1.6+EcoBoost+ST+3dr

http://www.broadspeed.com/new_cars/Ford/Fiesta/35933/1_6T_EcoBoost_182PS_ST_3_door

I didn't specify actually, but it's the ST2 I'm looking at. Cheers for those links, seems the last 2 places offer about 1k more off than dealer was prepared to go but the first actually works out more expensive if you choose the option of being first registered owner! It shows there is some room for negotiation still but I probably won't get a lot more off I guess :(. Might try and get it down to 11k though, surely mine will be worth more than 7k come November?!.

I was offered £7k for my 2010 ZS TDCi and that was a year ago so obviously would be a lot less now.

Remember the dealers aren't doing a part-ex for your benefit, they will want to sell it on for £8/9k!

Unfortunately, as with all car owners, we all think ours is worth much more than it actually is!

try drive the deal, google it, they might be able to help I got £2000 of my titanium x from dealer price.

cheers ian