Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Renewel Quotes &^$%£

Preee

Had my renewel quote through £264.16 :o

First was direct line quote £164.95

Catch no legal protection , and no claims not secured , also no mods on that quote.

Comparethemeercat

Best was Admiral £176 , this had all of my existing policy and all the legal etc.etc , curtesy car (only for repairs / non write off)

+ £12 cover for Mods , Value £500 cover , now when i say +£12 , this was to cover the cost upto £500 for replacement or damage , you can take this as high as you like oviously the price goes up.

Mods declared were included with the £176 , the £12 was to insure them against damage.

So £188 for 12 moonths :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Called my existing Hastings , ow they said " the price has come down to £199 , lmao , i said were you not going to tell me this ? , i think not ! , anyway Hastings -Cancelled!

So frustrating that when faced with a cancelation they suddenly drop it by £65 :o , this is why i change my provider every single year ! :lol:

• Like 1

Had my renewel quote through £264.16 :o

First was direct line quote £164.95

Catch no legal protection , and no claims not secured , also no mods on that quote.

Comparethemeercat

Best was Admiral £176 , this had all of my existing policy and all the legal etc.etc , curtesy car (only for repairs / non write off)

+ £12 cover for Mods , Value £500 cover , now when i say +£12 , this was to cover the cost upto £500 for replacement or damage , you can take this as high as you like oviously the price goes up.

Mods declared were included with the £176 , the £12 was to insure them against damage.

So £188 for 12 moonths :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Called my existing Hastings , ow they said " the price has come down to £199 , lmao , i said were you not going to tell me this ? , i think not ! , anyway Hastings -Cancelled!

So frustrating that when faced with a cancelation they suddenly drop it by £65 :o , this is why i change my provider every single year ! :lol:

I hate it when they do that, they might aswell say to you, look we are having your pants down because your a mug and cant be bothered to shop around. there is no discount for loyalty just a kick in the nuts

• Like 1

I know , frustrating that they raise the renewel so much , but what they gain is the people that don't bother to go and get quotes.

Any insurance i have i change every single year house/car, i saved over £400 last year just by not using the renewels.

• Like 2

i always shop around for everything also, be stupid not to these days tbh

• Like 1

There is no loyalty anymore, never pay renewals without shopping around first. Admiral have to be the worst for jacking up renewal prices in my experience though.

They pray on the people who just pay it, which is wrong.

Wish my premium was that cheap though, I pay around £400 a yr >.<

• Like 1

Wow!! £400? This year was £857 for me lol

Not looking forward to next month (insurance due) - had an accident last October lol

Its about time the government step in and come out with legislation stating that in surance companies have to offer you their lowest possible quote or that if they can make it cheaper they have to offer it to you. Its nothing short of ripping people off. Personally I think they should just scrap the current insurance set up and go along the lines of the following

(1) Each specific car has its own insurance price eg; a 1.0 fiesta £100, a focus ST £350 etc depending on the performance etc of the car.

(2) Have a fixed Price for individual cicumstances eg; if you've had an accident in the last 5 years then they add £50 onto your premium, but if the accident wasn't your fault/was proved thus then you shouldnt have to pay anything extra on your premium.

(3) Have a flat one of payment which covers any modifications you make to the car as long as you inform them of any modifications you make. Maybe have 2 seperate prices one for visual mods and one for performance mods.

(4) If another insurance company could offer you a better deal then each insurance company should be made to tell you like how they now do with energy prices.

The prices ive said are just random obviously not what I think they should be but just to make my point and obviously itd ne a bit more complex but something along those kind've lines would vastly improve the full system

• Like 1

There is no loyalty anymore, never pay renewals without shopping around first. Admiral have to be the worst for jacking up renewal prices in my experience though.

They pray on the people who just pay it, which is wrong.

Wish my premium was that cheap though, I pay around £400 a yr >.<

Admiral quoted £302 for my wife, shopped around, got a decent quote of £202, including IPT, tried to get Admiral to drop or match, but didn't want to know, they even requoted £319?!!!

So that's a TA TA admiral.

Oh and they want the new certificate sent back, now how's that done, when its sent by email, forwarding back?

Its about time the government step in and come out with legislation stating that in surance companies have to offer you their lowest possible quote or that if they can make it cheaper they have to offer it to you. Its nothing short of ripping people off. Personally I think they should just scrap the current insurance set up and go along the lines of the following

(1) Each specific car has its own insurance price eg; a 1.0 fiesta £100, a focus ST £350 etc depending on the performance etc of the car.

(2) Have a fixed Price for individual cicumstances eg; if you've had an accident in the last 5 years then they add £50 onto your premium, but if the accident wasn't your fault/was proved thus then you shouldnt have to pay anything extra on your premium.

(3) Have a flat one of payment which covers any modifications you make to the car as long as you inform them of any modifications you make. Maybe have 2 seperate prices one for visual mods and one for performance mods.

(4) If another insurance company could offer you a better deal then each insurance company should be made to tell you like how they now do with energy prices.

The prices ive said are just random obviously not what I think they should be but just to make my point and obviously itd ne a bit more complex but something along those kind've lines would vastly improve the full system

But what kind of premium excess should Vauxhall drivers have ? :P, no we deffo need insurance simplifying across the board.

This is a little off topic but road tax why not do away with it and add a little to fuel tax, that way those who do lots of miles pay more than the nice old lady at no 30, thats 67 years old and does 5 miles a week to shop. or is that too simple for the likes of people that run the show.

Vauxhall drivers should just be refused insurance just to get them all scrapped lol

• Like 1

But what kind of premium excess should Vauxhall drivers have ? :P, no we deffo need insurance simplifying across the board.

This is a little off topic but road tax why not do away with it and add a little to fuel tax, that way those who do lots of miles pay more than the nice old lady at no 30, thats 67 years old and does 5 miles a week to shop. or is that too simple for the likes of people that run the show.

The problem i see with that is the government have enough tax on fuel as it is , and rest assured we would end up paying more than our road tax if it happened.

with more and more cars hitting the road with Zero tax , whats the betting they change how road tax is worked out in the near future.

our re-newal this year, with 5 yrs no claim's me n the misses fully comp, but with no breakdown is a pricey £957.87

our re-newal this year, with 5 yrs no claim's me n the misses fully comp, but with no breakdown is a pricey £957.87

compare the market my man

was either that or supermarket.....

I learnt the lesson of shopping around for insurance, both house and car years ago, after a number of family members got ripped off by an insurance company we'd used for years.

The insurance industry have no concept of customer loyalty, and are only out to make the biggest profit they can from their unsuspecting loyal customers, (Or suckers), as they can.

I really find Admiral irritating that they need to charge a £40 admin fee, and I agree, they are terrible for their renewal prices, however that makes them the best to beat the price down on!

I have always managed to knock off around £100 of their quote, and I have never had to prove that this is a like for like.

As such I played the game with Admiral, and managed to get my quote much cheaper: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43678-you-vs-insurers-who-won-at-renewal-time/

Admiral were just not interested, that's ok, it's a free world, went elsewhere. At least the wife saved £100 this year ;)

I have also left Admiral, multi car policy for both cars and both me and our lass, I have changed cars but went to separate insurers and now paying a third of what we were. :o

My first insurance policy was with admiral, multi car with me old man insured at his address in worcester with him as a named driver on my car also. Total cost for both of us was £1300 on my car (£1100 me, £200 him).

Come renewal time he was moving to kent due to his job, meaning i was gonna have to insure at my family address in birmingham instead.

Admiral quoted me a meer £2500 to be insured at the birmingham address :wacko: for just me on my own policy

Got on to greenlight, they quoted me a very reasonable (for my age) £695 with all mods declared and me on my own policy with no named drivers.

Best bit was when phoning admiral to say i would not be renewing at 2500 they said oh will you please stay with us if we match the rival quote. Can you guess what i said?

Too late..

Bye bye admiral

Hellooo markerstudy

Since insuring at £695 i myself have had a change of career which has incurred me having to have business insurance which has added 100notes to my premium.. But still less than £800 which is half of what admiral quoted me

TBH , they are all the same , they all jack up the price come renewel , thats why i change every year.

They do that I am sure, so that if you accidentally forget about the renewal date, they get a profit out of you...

My mother was with Tesco last year (£290 with no courtesy car\legal insurance\recovery\protected no claims\£150 compulsory excess and 100 voluntary excess).

They wanted £350 this year for the same cover, just renewed for her through compare the market and she's now with Hastings Premier for £200 which includes everything with £150 compulsory excess and £0 voluntary excess.

Result!

• Like 1

they really do take the mick in this game!

Just had our renewal through from admiral for my daughters car and mine on their multicar whatsit, they wanted £1207.57 for my daughters car with me as named driver, and £545.25 for mine as policy holder only.

A quick bit of keyboard bashing at the meerkat site got mine sorted for £324.06 with asda of all people, a bit molre keyboard bashing and a quick phone call got my daughters quote down to £766 with hastings direct.

One multicar renewal £1752.82

Two independent quotes £1090.06

A saving of £662.76.

A Tee'd off Admiral insurance adviser "PRICELESS"

• Like 1

That is a good result! I love upsetting insurance companies :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club