Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Have A Personalisation Idea :) Have A Look

andysvision

Hello i just bought a ford focus 2006 2.0 tdci and i have a idea about tuning my headlights but i dont know if it is posible and i am asking your help.My desire is to switch my headlights with the new model 2008 and i dont know if is posible has anyone done it?any help :) this is like my ford Ford_Focus_II_silver1.jpg

and this is how i want to make my headlights

Ford_focus_ST_2008.jpg

You can if you get a front bumper and wings from a CC model

• Like 3

You had my opening the thread in exitement and anticipation, and i was dissapointed - for me, "tuning" means modifiing a car for better performance

• Like 7

I also thought we were going to have a mad scientist moment and the way to double our horsepower for 50p and some double sided tape :huh:

• Like 4

You had my opening the thread in exitement and anticipation, and i was dissapointed - for me, "tuning" means modifiing a car for better performance

I also thought we were going to have a mad scientist moment and the way to double our horsepower for 50p and some double sided tape :huh:

+1

Ah back to my R&D lab

It is possible to upgrade,

You require a mk2.5 bonnet

Mk2.5 side wing fenders,

Mk2.5 front bumper

Mk2.5 sub frame plastic panel

And of course the headlights, of which I can do you a deal on a chrome set with bulbs from my 2010

• Like 4

thanks guy for advice,thats what i ment to have some body parts,than its posible am i right.

• Like 1

thanks guy for advice,thats what i ment to have some body parts,than its posible am i right.

Yes I've saw it done on here before,

You require a mk2.5 bonnet

Mk2.5 side wing fenders,

Mk2.5 front bumper

Mk2.5 sub frame plastic panel

And of course the headlights, of which I can do you a deal on a chrome set with bulbs from my 2010

:lamo:

Wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to just buy an 08 tho?

• Like 2

lol but i just bought the 06,im not so rich :) to afford a second car

:lamo:

Wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to just buy an 08 tho?

But wheres the fun in that :D

the fun is that i was in love with the 2008 headlight style but i coudnt afford that car is about 4000 euro more in my country :( thats why i want to make some changes ;)

the fun is that i was in love with the 2008 headlight style but i coudnt afford that car is about 4000 euro more in my country :( thats why i want to make some changes ;)

I think what J etc is trying to say is by the time you get all the parts fit them and respray them, it might cost as much as buying a 2010 model, you would also have to inform you insurance, it may go up - if you sold the car you would have to tell the buyer or technically, it could be fraud, and all that hassle and all you would have done is make it look like a "regular" 2010 model - like thousands of others -

Fair enough if you are intending to do an ST225 replica

good point that was my fear,that it would cost much,than im glad to have a 2006 model im just going for the angel eyes headlights what you think :)

• Like 1

good point that was my fear,that it would cost much,than im glad to have a 2006 model im just going for the angel eyes headlights what you think :)

Just do what you want and what you think is right - everyone else is going to have different opinions - just don't mention wind deflectors :lol:

Modifying shold be a personal thing to reflect your ideas/ tastes - i would not worry too much what others think - its what you think that counts on your car

To me that would be money / time wasted you could be fitting an EGR blanking plate or saving for a remap! :lol:

Perhaps we should call little cosmetic changes "personlalizations" rather than "modifications"

• Like 3

Perhaps we should call little cosmetic changes "personlalizations" rather than "modifications"

Done ;)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just do what you want and what you think is right - everyone else is going to have different opinions - just don't mention wind deflectors :lol:

Modifying shold be a personal thing to reflect your ideas/ tastes - i would not worry too much what others think - its what you think that counts on your car

To me that would be money / time wasted you could be fitting an EGR blanking plate or saving for a remap! :lol:

hmm sorry for my dummy question can you tell me what is EGR blanking plate?or REmape what do they do?im new focus user so i need a little help here :)

hmm sorry for my dummy question can you tell me what is EGR blanking plate?or REmape what do they do?im new focus user so i need a little help here :)

EGR blanking plates -

The EGR is Exhaust Gas Recirculation, some of the exhaust gases instead of going out of the exhaust pipe, are re-routed into the engines inlet, controlled by the EGR valve

The idea is it reduces emissions, but unfortunately it can cause bad side- effects like "flat spots" (hesitation and lack of response to the throttle) and the inlet manifold can get contaminated and eventually choked up with the carbon from the EGR system

On top of that the EGR system can increase the amount of smoke coming from the exhaust, and if the valve fails, can cause poor running and/ or trigger "limp home mode"

Fitting an EGR blanking plate avoids all these problems and helps the performance, economy and reliability of the engine/ car

Meny engines can have an EGR blanking plate fitted without any problems, but on some, the EML (Engine Management Light) may come on but many Ford owners choose to still run a plate and reset the light with a code reader if it comes on

A solid blanking plate "fixes" a faulty or leaking EGR valve

Many FOC members have now fitted EGR blanking plates to their cars now and there are many threads, discussions and even fitting guides on the subject

For me - its nothing new having fitted EGR blanking more than 8 years ago and going on to designing EGR delete kits/ systems

I recommend fitting a solid, stainless steel blanking plate (holes to let gasses through are, literally a waste of time, and defeat the purpose of the plate) mild steel rusts (and can eventually leak or rust through) and aluminium can melt

Remaps

A remap is (generally accepted as) a method of increasing the performance of a car by re-writing the ECUs perameters for more power/ torque either by a proffesional doing it for you (mobile or with before/ after dyno runs) - by plugging a computer with the nessesary software into the cars OBD11 port,

or by purchasing a system like Bluefin or Revo etc where the end user does this themselves (with the map pre- loaded onlo a handset that you plug into the car)

Large power/ toruqe gains of 40% can be possible on turbocharged cars, and often improvements in MPG on turbo-diesels as well ,

EGR blanking plates -

The EGR is Exhaust Gas Recirculation, some of the exhaust gases instead of going out of the exhaust pipe, are re-routed into the engines inlet, controlled by the EGR valve

The idea is it reduces emissions, but unfortunately it can cause bad side- effects like "flat spots" (hesitation and lack of response to the throttle) and the inlet manifold can get contaminated and eventually choked up with the carbon from the EGR system

On top of that the EGR system can increase the amount of smoke coming from the exhaust, and if the valve fails, can cause poor running and/ or trigger "limp home mode"

Fitting an EGR blanking plate avoids all these problems and helps the performance, economy and reliability of the engine/ car

Meny engines can have an EGR blanking plate fitted without any problems, but on some, the EML (Engine Management Light) may come on but many Ford owners choose to still run a plate and reset the light with a code reader if it comes on

A solid blanking plate "fixes" a faulty or leaking EGR valve

Many FOC members have now fitted EGR blanking plates to their cars now and there are many threads, discussions and even fitting guides on the subject

For me - its nothing new having fitted EGR blanking more than 8 years ago and going on to designing EGR delete kits/ systems

I recommend fitting a solid, stainless steel blanking plate (holes to let gasses through are, literally a waste of time, and defeat the purpose of the plate) mild steel rusts (and can eventually leak or rust through) and aluminium can melt

Remaps

A remap is (generally accepted as) a method of increasing the performance of a car by re-writing the ECUs perameters for more power/ torque either by a proffesional doing it for you (mobile or with before/ after dyno runs) - by plugging a computer with the nessesary software into the cars OBD11 port,

or by purchasing a system like Bluefin or Revo etc where the end user does this themselves (with the map pre- loaded onlo a handset that you plug into the car)

Large power/ toruqe gains of 40% can be possible on turbocharged cars, and often improvements in MPG on turbo-diesels as well ,

hmm so basicly my car doesnt have a EGR blanking ?is a part that we add manualy or just a part that need to be replaced?How much does it about to cost?About the remap,can i do this to a FORD base on my country or wont acept doing it?or i have to go to an ELECTROAUTO?thanks

You can pick up a blanking plate for about a fiver (£5/ about 5 Euros) - you add/ fit the plate to the engine

And you can order a Bluefin from superchips -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/Focus20tdci136.pdf

i thought you were from London - (it says that on your profile)

• Like 2

Ahhh no no sorry im from Albania but i couldnt find my country in the registration so i picked up LONDON my preferite city :)

so this is the blanking plate http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-VALVE-BLANKING-PLATE-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-MONDEO-FOCUS-TDCI-TDDI-/130697433369?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6e2c9119&vxp=mtr

is it safe to use?benefits on consumption?and does it have any side effect?thanks very much :)

Ahhh no no sorry im from Albania but i couldnt find my country in the registration so i picked up LONDON my preferite city :)

so this is the blanking plate http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGR-VALVE-BLANKING-PLATE-FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-MONDEO-FOCUS-TDCI-TDDI-/130697433369?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6e2c9119&vxp=mtr

is it safe to use?benefits on consumption?and does it have any side effect?thanks very much :)

Hello again, the link is for a 1.8L, not the 2.0L, so it may not fit (completely different engines) (i looked for a 2.0L one for you, but could not find one on ebay)

Just that in general, they are safe to use if fitted correctly

There is often a slight increase in economy

A Euro 3 engined car can be blanked with no side effect(s) - on a Euro 4 / 5 it may trigger the EML (engine management light )

if you (re) read post no. 18 i don't thing there is much more i can add about blanking plates

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club