Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2.5 Focus Titanium

SuperSixFour

Hi Lenny,

I'm probably going to do it further down the line, but for now I'm just going with the clear lens and a red bulb.

Does that affect bulb selection?

No it doesn't effect the bulb selection at all mate,

But when lining up the second hole in the clear fog unit I'd me assure for cree bulbs to fit rather than standard because cree can be slightly longer than standard bulbs.

And if planning to do dual reverse in the future keep your red fog light unit because you need the rear of it to fit on to the side of the Clea unit.

I've got both cree reverse and fog in mine, happy out

• Like 2

yea no prob alex when the clear light turns up hopefully should be Wednesday or thursday I will let you know how it looks

• Like 3

I reckon that it would be a drastic change having the windows tinted. Mine came in with factory tints in the rear and rear window. My car being black, they look even darker than they actually are. Plus, they are useful in hot days and give a nice touch. Getting them tinted I reckon shouldn't cost silly money.

Lenny got his done aftermarket and would be able to give you a guide price roughly.

• Like 1

No it doesn't effect the bulb selection at all mate,

But when lining up the second hole in the clear fog unit I'd me assure for cree bulbs to fit rather than standard because cree can be slightly longer than standard bulbs.

And if planning to do dual reverse in the future keep your red fog light unit because you need the rear of it to fit on to the side of the Clea unit.

I've got both cree reverse and fog in mine, happy out

Ahh I see, thanks Lenny, I'll keep that in mind. Does the dual reverse make a big difference to visibility? I live in quite a rural area without street lamps, so I might add it to the list before winter comes.

yea no prob alex when the clear light turns up hopefully should be Wednesday or thursday I will let you know how it looks

Thanks, looking forward to it!

I reckon that it would be a drastic change having the windows tinted. Mine came in with factory tints in the rear and rear window. My car being black, they look even darker than they actually are. Plus, they are useful in hot days and give a nice touch. Getting them tinted I reckon shouldn't cost silly money.

Lenny got his done aftermarket and would be able to give you a guide price roughly.

I do like the look of the factory tints, I certainly wouldn't want to go any darker than that. Here is a picture I found on eBay of a titanium in my colour with the tints, what do you all think?

KGr_Hq_F_o_MFILv7_NBk_CBSD6f_FSr_60_57.j

Oh and a quick side question for anyone that knows, what's with the chrome boot lip like in the image above, I see lots of titaniums with it, but mine doesn't have it. I prefer it without actually, just wondering if it was an option or if mine had it deleted.

Cheers

• Like 1

I say go for the window tints fella as said makes a big difference I bought mine with out so I think I paid £170ish and I went dark here is a pick

DSC00696_zps6c39e053.jpg

not sure about the rear boot lip but all the titaniums I have seen have had a chrome boot strip but as you say they look better with out it

• Like 2

Ahh I see, thanks Lenny, I'll keep that in mind. Does the dual reverse make a big difference to visibility? I live in quite a rural area without street lamps, so I might add it to the list before winter comes.

Cheers

With cree reverse bulb fitted on both sides I've got at least an 8 foot beam of 6000k white light from the rear at night very handy and great visibility even in wing mirrors,

I've gotten tint 10% front doors and 35% rear doors and rear window,

Front doors is 25% legal limit,

Factory tint is 15% or less on any car

So by adding 10% tint to it your still road legal and tinted 25% or less

Chrome boot panel came as standard on all titanium spec models but it is a popular part to be stolen,

Yours may have been stolen which would have damaged your boot because the panel you have now doesn't sit under the chrome,

The chrome one is exactly that,

A solid chrome panel

• Like 1

I say go for the window tints fella as said makes a big difference I bought mine with out so I think I paid £170ish and I went dark here is a pick

not sure about the rear boot lip but all the titaniums I have seen have had a chrome boot strip but as you say they look better with out it

Thanks for the pic, I'm definitely coming around to the tints. I like your alloys, not seen those before, are they ford ones or have you bought different ones and used the ford centre caps?

With cree reverse bulb fitted on both sides I've got at least an 8 foot beam of 6000k white light from the rear at night very handy and great visibility even in wing mirrors,

I've gotten tint 10% front doors and 35% rear doors and rear window,

Front doors is 25% legal limit,

Factory tint is 15% or less on any car

So by adding 10% tint to it your still road legal and tinted 25% or less

Chrome boot panel came as standard on all titanium spec models but it is a popular part to be stolen,

Yours may have been stolen which would have damaged your boot because the panel you have now doesn't sit under the chrome,

The chrome one is exactly that,

A solid chrome panel

The dual reverse definitely sounds like something that would be useful to me then, especially with the cree bulbs.

The chrome boot strip is interesting if it was standard. I know the previous owner of the car and it was delivered new with the colour coded lip. I guess it could have been stolen from the dealer or a storage compound prior to delivery.

I can't see anything on ford etis or in the brochure about it. Although I did notice that the brochure lists privacy glass as standard on the titanium, so I must have had that deleted.

Getting back to tints then, so its a max of 25% on the front and as dark as you like on the rear?

What do the percentages actually mean? I would assume a 10% tint let's 90% of the light through, is that right?

• Like 1

Getting back to tints then, so its a max of 25% on the front and as dark as you like on the rear?

What do the percentages actually mean? I would assume a 10% tint let's 90% of the light through, is that right?

Yes max 25% on the front and yeah 25% tint let's 75% light through it mate,

I've had 90% tint on rear windows before and it was extremely difficult to reverse at night,

I now have 35% in the back of the focus its dark enough like the limo 90% and I can still see out at night etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to report, just a hoover and clean using poor boys natural look trim dressing on all of the plastics.

IMAG0145.jpg

I've finally got a red Cree Q5 bulb, so I can get my clear fog lens fitted at last.

• Like 2

I will do, I had the Philips bulbs in my fiesta and they were excellent, much brighter than the standard bulbs and longer reaching beams. They are whiter too, not like xenons obviously, but good for a halogen bulb.

I've not used night breakers before, I believe they are very similar in light output to the Philips but don't tend to last as long. They don't make the Philips in H11 so hopefully these will be good.

I'll take some photos once they're in, it would be interesting to try and get some before shots actually to compare them to....I'll try.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club