Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,972 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

Brodit is pretty much the best in the phone bracket market for sure.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Hassen

Hassen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 591 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Welcome to the forum and love the colour of your car. My suggestion for the next mod will be to get the rear windows tinted as I think it would look ace with the car colour. Also, a nice rear diffuser would set it off :)

#18 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

hello and welcome to the forum fella and that looks a very tidy focus you got and like the sound of the plans you got.

im liking the look of led tail lights might invest in a set one day.

I have just ordered the clear rear fog for my focus.

will look forwared to seeing the bits and pices added

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Hi guys,
I finally got around to fitting my led tail lights today with the help of Lenny's guide.IMAG0137.jpg
It was very straight forward, the hardest bit was fiddling around behind the plastic in the boot to find the loom plugs without actually being able to see them.
There was a remarkable amount of crap accumulated behind the old light clusters!
Looking forward to it going dark now...

Thank for the mention Alex,
Bird crap gets washed down from the roof of the car by rain water,
It accumulates at the rear of the tail light units as the water is channeled down either side of the boot seal and on to the rear bumper,
Next time your waxing the car, n harm to wax the area beneath the tail light units for extra peace of mind.

#20 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 938 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Welcome & Nice ride :)

#21 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 34 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies

Welcome to the forum and love the colour of your car. My suggestion for the next mod will be to get the rear windows tinted as I think it would look ace with the car colour. Also, a nice rear diffuser would set it off :)

I had thought about getting the rear windows tinted, nothing too dark though, I think my local place call it "light smoke", but I never did it because I wasn't sure. That said I did see a Kuga in the same colour recently and it looked awesome with the tinted glass.

You've got me thinking again now! I wonder how much it costs?

hello and welcome to the forum fella and that looks a very tidy focus you got and like the sound of the plans you got.
im liking the look of led tail lights might invest in a set one day.
I have just ordered the clear rear fog for my focus.
will look forwared to seeing the bits and pices added

Thanks.

I'd recommend keeping a look out on eBay for the led light units if you're keen on them, they come up fairly often and you'll save a lot over the ford / new price.

I'm going to do the clear fog next, I've got the lens ready, but I've not got a red bulb to put in it yet. I've read that some red bulbs end up looking pink with the clear lens, so I'm not sure what to order. What have you gone for?

Thank for the mention Alex,
Bird crap gets washed down from the roof of the car by rain water,
It accumulates at the rear of the tail light units as the water is channeled down either side of the boot seal and on to the rear bumper,
Next time your waxing the car, n harm to wax the area beneath the tail light units for extra peace of mind.

You're right about that! When I wash the car next I'll definitely pop those two screws out and give the area a bit of a clean and a wax to protect it. I can't imagine its good from a corrosion point of view in the long run.

Welcome & Nice ride :)

Thanks

#22 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I've just been out and fitted the aluminium pedals. I believe these were standard on the Zetec S model, and available as an accessory for the rest of the range.

IMAG0132.jpg

They were easy enough to fit, you've just got to get down on your hands and knees and wrestle with them a bit. They make a surprising difference to the look of the interior, I'm very pleased with them.

I just need to hoover now!!!

IMAG0142.jpg

I've not fitted the dead pedal because there isn't really anywhere for it to go. Looking in the passenger footwell I can see there's a nice slope against the wheel arch, so it would fit nicely in left hand drive cars, but I really can't see where we can put it on our cars. It would just be flat on the floor which seems a bit pointless.

Maybe if any of you have these as standard you could show me how its been installed and whether its worth it or not?

Cheers

#23 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

alex the rear fog I have ordered has got a bulb with it so I will see what it looks like first.
people have said to use a cree red bulb so may end up getting one of them

#24 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

alex the rear fog I have ordered has got a bulb with it so I will see what it looks like first.

Will you be fitting dual reverse lighting in the future,

#25 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Ahh right, I just got mine from ford parts, so it just came with a normal reverse bulb for the European market.

l'd be interested to see what yours looks like when you get it, so let me know if that's OK?

In the meantime I'll do some research on cree bulbs, thanks.

Will you be fitting dual reverse lighting in the future,

Hi Lenny,

I'm probably going to do it further down the line, but for now I'm just going with the clear lens and a red bulb.

Does that affect bulb selection?

#26 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi Lenny,
I'm probably going to do it further down the line, but for now I'm just going with the clear lens and a red bulb.
Does that affect bulb selection?

No it doesn't effect the bulb selection at all mate,
But when lining up the second hole in the clear fog unit I'd me assure for cree bulbs to fit rather than standard because cree can be slightly longer than standard bulbs.
And if planning to do dual reverse in the future keep your red fog light unit because you need the rear of it to fit on to the side of the Clea unit.
I've got both cree reverse and fog in mine, happy out

#27 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

yea no prob alex when the clear light turns up hopefully should be Wednesday or thursday I will let you know how it looks

#28 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 591 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

I reckon that it would be a drastic change having the windows tinted. Mine came in with factory tints in the rear and rear window. My car being black, they look even darker than they actually are. Plus, they are useful in hot days and give a nice touch. Getting them tinted I reckon shouldn't cost silly money.

Lenny got his done aftermarket and would be able to give you a guide price roughly.

#29 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

No it doesn't effect the bulb selection at all mate,
But when lining up the second hole in the clear fog unit I'd me assure for cree bulbs to fit rather than standard because cree can be slightly longer than standard bulbs.
And if planning to do dual reverse in the future keep your red fog light unit because you need the rear of it to fit on to the side of the Clea unit.
I've got both cree reverse and fog in mine, happy out

Ahh I see, thanks Lenny, I'll keep that in mind. Does the dual reverse make a big difference to visibility? I live in quite a rural area without street lamps, so I might add it to the list before winter comes.

yea no prob alex when the clear light turns up hopefully should be Wednesday or thursday I will let you know how it looks

Thanks, looking forward to it!

I reckon that it would be a drastic change having the windows tinted. Mine came in with factory tints in the rear and rear window. My car being black, they look even darker than they actually are. Plus, they are useful in hot days and give a nice touch. Getting them tinted I reckon shouldn't cost silly money.

Lenny got his done aftermarket and would be able to give you a guide price roughly.

I do like the look of the factory tints, I certainly wouldn't want to go any darker than that. Here is a picture I found on ebay of a titanium in my colour with the tints, what do you all think?

KGr_Hq_F_o_MFILv7_NBk_CBSD6f_FSr_60_57.j

Oh and a quick side question for anyone that knows, what's with the chrome boot lip like in the image above, I see lots of titaniums with it, but mine doesn't have it. I prefer it without actually, just wondering if it was an option or if mine had it deleted.

Cheers

#30 b4zz

b4zz

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

I say go for the window tints fella as said makes a big difference I bought mine with out so I think I paid £170ish and I went dark here is a pick

not sure about the rear boot lip but all the titaniums I have seen have had a chrome boot strip but as you say they look better with out it

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users