Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Ahh I see, thanks Lenny, I'll keep that in mind. Does the dual reverse make a big difference to visibility? I live in quite a rural area without street lamps, so I might add it to the list before winter comes.
Cheers

With cree reverse bulb fitted on both sides I've got at least an 8 foot beam of 6000k white light from the rear at night very handy and great visibility even in wing mirrors,
I've gotten tint 10% front doors and 35% rear doors and rear window,
Front doors is 25% legal limit,
Factory tint is 15% or less on any car
So by adding 10% tint to it your still road legal and tinted 25% or less
Chrome boot panel came as standard on all titanium spec models but it is a popular part to be stolen,
Yours may have been stolen which would have damaged your boot because the panel you have now doesn't sit under the chrome,
The chrome one is exactly that,
A solid chrome panel

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

I say go for the window tints fella as said makes a big difference I bought mine with out so I think I paid £170ish and I went dark here is a pick

not sure about the rear boot lip but all the titaniums I have seen have had a chrome boot strip but as you say they look better with out it

Thanks for the pic, I'm definitely coming around to the tints. I like your alloys, not seen those before, are they ford ones or have you bought different ones and used the ford centre caps?

With cree reverse bulb fitted on both sides I've got at least an 8 foot beam of 6000k white light from the rear at night very handy and great visibility even in wing mirrors,
I've gotten tint 10% front doors and 35% rear doors and rear window,
Front doors is 25% legal limit,
Factory tint is 15% or less on any car
So by adding 10% tint to it your still road legal and tinted 25% or less
Chrome boot panel came as standard on all titanium spec models but it is a popular part to be stolen,
Yours may have been stolen which would have damaged your boot because the panel you have now doesn't sit under the chrome,
The chrome one is exactly that,
A solid chrome panel

The dual reverse definitely sounds like something that would be useful to me then, especially with the cree bulbs.

The chrome boot strip is interesting if it was standard. I know the previous owner of the car and it was delivered new with the colour coded lip. I guess it could have been stolen from the dealer or a storage compound prior to delivery.

I can't see anything on ford etis or in the brochure about it. Although I did notice that the brochure lists privacy glass as standard on the titanium, so I must have had that deleted.

Getting back to tints then, so its a max of 25% on the front and as dark as you like on the rear?

What do the percentages actually mean? I would assume a 10% tint let's 90% of the light through, is that right?

#33 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,426 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS & Toyota Levin BZR
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Getting back to tints then, so its a max of 25% on the front and as dark as you like on the rear?
What do the percentages actually mean? I would assume a 10% tint let's 90% of the light through, is that right?

Yes max 25% on the front and yeah 25% tint let's 75% light through it mate,
I've had 90% tint on rear windows before and it was extremely difficult to reverse at night,
I now have 35% in the back of the focus its dark enough like the limo 90% and I can still see out at night etc.

#34 b4zz

b4zz

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

supersixfour they are after market with ford centre caps but I have now taken them off.

here is a pic of them

http://www.wheelbase.../silver/16-inch

they are the 16 inch I got

#35 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Not much to report, just a hoover and clean using poor boys natural look trim dressing on all of the plastics.

IMAG0145.jpg

I've finally got a red Cree Q5 bulb, so I can get my clear fog lens fitted at last.

#36 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Let there be light....

IMAG0014_1.jpg

#37 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 586 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Very nice. Get some shots up when u can. I definitely want some of those :)

#38 SuperSixFour

SuperSixFour

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

I will do, I had the Philips bulbs in my fiesta and they were excellent, much brighter than the standard bulbs and longer reaching beams. They are whiter too, not like xenons obviously, but good for a halogen bulb.

I've not used night breakers before, I believe they are very similar in light output to the Philips but don't tend to last as long. They don't make the Philips in H11 so hopefully these will be good.

I'll take some photos once they're in, it would be interesting to try and get some before shots actually to compare them to....I'll try.

#39 b4zz

b4zz

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

liking the look of the new bulbs

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users