Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Stoney871

Fitting Ashtray Housing Into Mk2 Focus

10 posts in this topic

Thanks Stoney, would I have problems taking off the auto gear panels and knob coz it has the spring? Also can I install without taking the gear panel out?

You will still be able to remove the trims around the stick by unclipping in the same manner.

You don't need to disassemble the shifter itself.

Great little guide Clive , as you said loads of questions just lately asking about this.

Lenny likes this

Brilliant guide Stoney.
Many thanks as I need to fit one of these.
Cheers mate!

Hi my Focus came with the "garage door", the problem i found is the light didn´t switch off when the door was closed... i fixed this by mounting a pressure switch on top of the ashtray housing beneath the door hinge, so now the light is off when the door closes ;) power saving!

Clever little mod there.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Stoney, bought a ashtray (carbon) and also the carbon trim for the bit just below the Fascia that has the 2switches. Can't wait to get them and fix it in but may need your expert advice if I get stuck. Now need the Fascia to complete phase 1.

Glad to help in any way possible.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app