Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 2003 Key Fob

chrisdesilva6

Hi peeps!

Im new to forums.

I have a ford fiesta 1.4 zetec (53 reg), i bought it recently and i only got one key i assumed not main key as non remote key).

i assumed that the car has remote locking (as my friend has a 2004 version and has remote locking).

What is the main key for this car supposed to look like?? :)

And does this car have remote locking? how do i find out if it does!!!

Because i bought a new style flip 3 button key from eBay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121119273771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ) and then realized that the car may not have remote locking. so i want to make sure before i cut the new key!

Thanks a lot!! :)

Before you go any further, there's a test you can do to check whether your car is already equipped with RCL......

Insert key into ignition and turn it to II and back to 0, 4 times within 5 seconds A tone will be heard if remote locking module is fitted.

:) does it have to be a specific key (e.g. main key). i only have a standard key with a blue W1 chip.

Does this work with spare keys?

I did it but i did not hear any tone :(

Does anyone now how i can get a remote modulator/actuator (genuine or aftermarket) to work with the genuine 3 button ford key?

Thanks!! :)

Yes this test should work, as long as the key you do it with can start the car.... So unfortunately No tone means your car isn't equipped with RCL, not the end of the world though as I have a basic pre face lift fiesta and added it without any problems at all..... Dead easy using ford parts, you just have to upgrade your GEM module....(search eBay but don't jump in and buy the first one you see as some will be compatible, some not)

I don't have time to go into it all just now, but if you search my content I'm sure I've had a conversation or two on here before. I'll get back to you when I have more time.

Hope this helps in the meantime...

thanks for your help alan!

so would you recommend me to keep the new 3 button ford key that i purchased?

Will this definitely work. as if not i have to return the key by next week!!

hope you can help me when you have some spare time!

thanks!! :) :lol:

No worries Chris, I take it you messaged the eBay seller to tell him the key you need is for a fiesta(as said on his eBay description)? When I get time I will search back through my eBay history and find and compare the key I bought(I got the three button flip) and it all works perfectly......

Little bit bad news for you though, to program your key the way I did it(and the only way I know) you need two original keys and as you only have one, you may have to go to a ford dealer which will prove quite costly,(and that's if they do it for you, as its an aftermarket key and not an oem)?

• Like 1

Yes i told the seller it was for a fiesta!

Is the module costly?

I got a quote for £30 to get it programmed from an auto locksmith before i realized my car doesn't have the remote locking system :ermm: . do i have to get it done at ford or can i just go to any programmer?

So how do i go about this then?? (if you dont mind. when your not busy !!!)

THANKS!!!

No worries Chris, I take it you messaged the eBay seller to tell him the key you need is for a fiesta(as said on his eBay description)? When I get time I will search back through my eBay history and find and compare the key I bought(I got the three button flip) and it all works perfectly......

Little bit bad news for you though, to program your key the way I did it(and the only way I know) you need two original keys and as you only have one, you may have to go to a ford dealer which will prove quite costly,(and that's if they do it for you, as its an aftermarket key and not an oem)?

have you actually done this conversion on your own car?

is this module any good http://tinyurl.com/kcldlsl ?

If i replace my current GEM module with this. will i have to reprogram my current key? or do i only program the new 3 button flip key for the buttons to work.

thanks ;)

£30 to get an auto locksmith to program your key is a good price, you don't have to go to ford to program it, so keep your auto locksmiths number handy.

The link you sent I'm 99.9% sure its no good for your car.... The first four digits of the part number has to be 4S6T(for the pre facelift) not 6S6T, as that is for the facelift model. You will need one with the numbers 4S6T 15K600 C(*) or 4S6T 15K600 D(*).... Please note the (*) represents any letter.

Once you have found the correct GEM with the correct part number, you then need to contact the seller, to find out if it came from a car with 3or5doors, because if you buy one with an incorrect number of doors, then it will throw up the door open warning light on the dash.

Once you have the correct part its really easy to fit.... There's 5plugs and two screws.

When you replace the GEM this only affects the remote locking so your other key will work as it does now(as that is just a key without remote) the transponder is by your ignition barrel and won't affect this.

So you will only have to program the new key,I think the locksmith will only program it for the immobiliser, not the remote locking, but you can easily do this yourself by turning your new key in the ignition from 0 to II 4 times within 5 seconde(until you hear a tone) then you just press a button on the new key then, hey presto! You have a remote key :-)

Yes I did this mod at the beginning of the year and programed a flip key(myself) as I had two original keys. One of the best additions I have added to my car..... Well worth while.

If you need any more info don't hesitate to ask.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Fantastic! Thank you so much! Does that mean i can call the locksmith to cut and program the immobiliser it now and manually program the buttons myself later

Also is it just the gem module replacment. Do i need an extra reciever or something?

Fantastic! Thank you so much! Does that mean i can call the locksmith to cut and program the immobiliser it now and manually program the buttons myself later

Correct :-)

Also is it just the gem module replacment. Do i need an extra reciever or something?

All that's needed is the GEM module and your new key.

I will keep a look out on eBay for a compatible module for your car. How many doors does your car have?

3 door. I cant find any GEM modules :(

You could search eBay for sellers breaking higher spec models like LX, ghia, ST etc, and contact them asking if they have any available?(making sure they are defo from a pre facelift) 4S6T 15K600 CorD(*) That's what I did and got one posted out the same day :-)

The C or D means that the GEM has RCL capability :-) and A or B hasn't!

All that's needed is the GEM module and your new key.

I will keep a look out on eBay for a compatible module for your car. How many doors does your car have?

i just rang ford.. they quoted me .. £189.32 !!!! :o

Guess i need to search elsewhere.

and the ford guy said, i will have to program it???

Do i?

189!! FFS lol don't buy brand new from ford, maybe have to program a new one but not a second hand one, as that's already been programmed.

I may have found one for you, I'm currently in mid text conversation with a guy from eBay breaking an ST

I'll keep you posted.

THANKS!!! If you find me one i would appreciate that so much!!! :)

No probs mate, I'm just waiting on the guy trying to find it on the car he's breaking, he's not quite sure :-)

Im also looking, but no luck so far :( . how much was your one?

The guy I text, is at work and will get back to me this evening.

Iirc I paid £40 for mine, I've seen them cheaper but also dearer..... Just depends how quickly you want one and how much you are prepared to pay.

Are you able to go out and check the part number of your module for me just now? Think I may have found one for you?

Yes of course i can. i'll be back in a minute.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club