Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Name: Andi
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hello everybody, has been a month now that i see a board masage : ESP SYSTEM MALFUNCTION.Has anyone suffered it?i have read in some places and people say it a 1400 usd cost damage.OMG do you know any cheapper solution?like buying a used part on ebay?Please help,i have power loose too,from this erro :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

sounds more to me like an ABS sensor failure.

HAve you done the dashboard trick and seen any particular errors on there?

#3 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

No i havent,im new ford user,can you help me how it is done and if i have what you say,is it expensive?thanks

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
Contributor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

turn your keys to the off position, press and hold the trip computer "reset" button if you have one. then turn your keys to the electrics only position, do not take your finger off the button. You should find that this leaves your miles traveled, but may reset the miles.

Then when it goes through and does its self tests, press the button to cycle through. You may find DTC's in there (random codes like D9001 or u9000 amongst others you may have P codes.

If you find any - let us know and we could help identify the problem...

#5 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

turn your keys to the off position, press and hold the trip computer "reset" button if you have one. then turn your keys to the electrics only position, do not take your finger off the button. You should find that this leaves your miles traveled, but may reset the miles.

Then when it goes through and does its self tests, press the button to cycle through. You may find DTC's in there (random codes like D9001 or u9000 amongst others you may have P codes.

If you find any - let us know and we could help identify the problem...

hello friend,i just did the test like you told me ,and i managed to go to DTC#00 sector and there was writen : NO ERRORS..how it is posible ?so i dont have a physical damage?

#6 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Very odd, normally I would expect an error of some type to be there, but then again, the on board only queries certain codes.

Have you got / do you know of anyone who has a code reader? are you in a hurry to get the car fixed? if not, you could buy a code reader, which should give you more of an idea whats going on!

#7 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

yes i think im gona buy a code reader,i read your article and it was cool about the errror reader :) and i saw the bluetuth and the pc version of reader,but witch one you segest me any sugestion :) thanks

#8 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
Contributor

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hi Andy,

Well it depends, if you were to get bluetooth for your computer, you may benefit more, as the bluetooth would be useful for transfers from phone, or other enabled devices, its more portable and you can sit the laptop on youir driver seat, and move freely, or drive around with no interference.

The USB are also good, but you are limited to the length of the cable, and hoping that the cable doesnt get in your way whilst your tinkering!

#9 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

ok Boss got it,im going for a bluetooth than :) but i have to wait some time for it to come :) i will post the error code as soon as i get it :)

#10 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

No worries, will see what comes when you get it :)

#11 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

No worries, will see what comes when you get it :)

Hello again Boss,still witing for diagnosis tool to come,but what i found today maybe the problem of my car.i was looking at the manuals that were inside my dashboard i found a paper witch basicly seems to be a diagnosis made by the preowner of the car it say this text:

Fault Code Memory

ABS-Anti Brake-Lock System

ABS/IVD Ate 2003-2007,Ford Focus

ISO15765-CAN

3M51-2C405-HB

Present DTCs:   --

Stored DTCs:     1

DTC History       --

Pending DTCs:   --

===========================================================================================

Code Description

===========================================================================================

C1288 Pressure Transducer Main / Primary Input Circuit: Circuit Failure

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

#12 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

seems like the issue has been resolved, if its not happening now, but I would expect the ABS light to be lighting up, not a system malfunction.

Have you got your code reader yet?

#13 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

No im waiting for it to come.no i am not having the ABS light on my board,and ABS functions well itryed it.The button that deactivates ESP doesnt work,and when i dift my tirens no esp light comes on my board.But how do you understand that this c1288 is fixed?

#14 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,958 posts
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

the c1288 is a circuit failure, that will illuminate at best a warning light when the error occurs, so if it was active, you would have an error light (either ABS or brake light). so I would guess its OK, but once you get the code reader, you can clear the codes, and check them regularly and see if the code comes back

#15 andysvision

andysvision

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

the c1288 is a circuit failure, that will illuminate at best a warning light when the error occurs, so if it was active, you would have an error light (either ABS or brake light). so I would guess its OK, but once you get the code reader, you can clear the codes, and check them regularly and see if the code comes back

Hello Pro!Yes i have the esp light turned on all the time and today finalyy i went to  my friend service and i checked for he errors,and yes :( the c1288 is there i got that errro i it was undeletable :( the bad goes bedest,yesterday i had sime strange sound at around 1000-1600 RPM like sime kind of wistle and a little burning aroma so i diagnosed that too,my friend told me it is my ALTERNATOR and its about 300 euros,i am a little sceptic about changing it.Becouse it maby not broken becouse i get this strange noise only when i add acceleration,and not any noise when my car is neutral in 700-800 RPM do you understand me?What if is only its belt?Than i fear again that burning odore,i dont kow what to do any experience of this type?Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users