Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engines

Girl-Rac3r--ox

Im planning to put a new engine in my sad little 1.1 fiesta...does anyone know how much it effects the insurance by?

I would imagine quite a bit. It will be classed as a modification due the the higher power. At 18 I'd even hazard some insurance companies would refuse to insure you on a modified vehicle.

Hey Girl,

Depending on your age it will affect your insurance variably.

Looking at how old you look (I'm guessing about my age - 20?) I think the insurance will frown upon 'car modification - non-standard Engine' modifications: It will make your insurance more than if you had an equal car with that size engine fitted as standard.

The main reason for this is that insurance groups are not so fussy about how fast a car can go. More important to them is the desirability (i.e. how 'theftable') the car is: Consequently adding a custom engine to your car makes the engine a lot more desirable and the car alot more likely (in insurance terms) to be stolen.

I hate to say it, but you may be better off (in terms of both insurance and overall costs) just buying a car with a larger engine, even if its the exact same car.

It is something I looking into when I had my 1.0L corsa (pathetic I know!) but I think the insurance worked out at like £200 more by fitting my own new engine, compared to just buying a new car with the larger engine.

Hope this helps, PM me if you want to know more. :)

JAR x

dont forget about how much it will actually cost to do the conversion. upgrading almost everything if you go to an engine over 1.4. which will then add more stuff to the list of mods. price it up, and price up the cost of a similar car. you'll be surprised by how much it actually costs.

That's what I'm trying to say...

... The same car with a 1.4 will be less to insure and also cost less than converting a current 1.1 car...

... But its your decision at the end of the day, girl :)

• 2 months later...
Im planning to put a new engine in my sad little 1.1 fiesta...does anyone know how much it effects the insurance by?

you would be best buying a 1.4 si fiesta super little cars depending on your budget

• 2 weeks later...

or you could be a bit cheeky and not bother telling your insurance company.......

what model of fiesta is it ??

or you could be a bit cheeky and not bother telling your insurance company.......

what model of fiesta is it ??

And then get proper screwed over when you crash, and screw somebody else's life over that.

DECLARE ALL MODS TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY. You'll be surprised how little it changes

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club