Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

chrisdesilva6

Gem Module Help!

15 posts in this topic

i have a fiesta 1.4 zetec 3 door 2003,

it doesn't have remote locking.

however i heard if i replace the GEM module with one with remote locking, the genuine 3 button key will work (once programmed)

However after replacing this do i need some sort of receiver for the key buttons to work?

Thanks!!

Just change the GEM and program the fob key with the GEM and you are good to go. Turn the key from pos 2 to pos 1 for 4 times. The GEM beeps and then press any button on the fob, it should beep back and you are done :)

HI guys. I have a similar question. I have a GEM 2S6T-15k600 what new Gem would go for? I have looked and a little lost. I want the same remote alarm and CL.

Hi, i changed mine on my previous car last year and it worked!

Basically you have to get any GEM module that ends in C(followed by another letter) or D(followed by another letter)

E.g. i bought Gem module 4S6T-15K600 DB

However if you want an alarm you would have to get one ending in D(x) and buy extra things to make the alarm actually work (I never bothered with that!)

Look around on ebay and message car breakers who may have it.

Then its a simple case of switching it and getting a Remote Key! :)

Agreed :) Since the one you should get either a 2S6T-15k600-Cx or 2S6T-15k600-Dx gem.

Then follow my previous post to code the FOB when you fit it :)

chrisdesilva6 likes this

Thanks guys that's great advice. I will start adding to basket

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

A 5 door GEM module would make your door open light come on in the dash if used on a 3 door car. However i can't see where it says that it's a 5 door version in that ebay ad.

I dont recall that there is a difference between a 5d and 3d if there is it would be settings...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Ok great I'll keep digging. Did you have to disconnect the battery when you installed the GEM.

Ideally yes to avoid any problems. Also handle the module with care :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

GingerFlame likes this

Thanks again guys will get one now

Hi guys. So I finally fitted the GEM. All is working as it should so thanks for the help.

One question for you tho if you are able to help. The door open icon on the dash seems to stay on when you start the car.

Hi it's old topic, but is there difference between engine type on GEM modules? My father bought 2007 1.3liters Fiesta, and he already talk about remote control so it would be easier to handle.