• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stuartadair

stuartadair

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion
Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

05 Plate Fusion. Central locking on key only. Central locking works fine for locking but not unlocking. No change on either front door.
Dashboard switch not working for boot.
When I earth black/red and black/white wires on drivers side door the system works fine - Help Please !!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stuartadair

stuartadair

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

05 Plate Fusion. Central locking on key only. Central locking works fine for locking but not unlocking. No change on either front door.
Dashboard switch not working for boot.
When I earth black/red and black/white wires on drivers side door the system works fine - Help Please !!!

Plan B is I've got a generic central locking control unit off ebay. There are 6 control wires on the instructions

For locking
Orange - normally closed
White - common
Yellow - Normally open

For unlocking
Orange black - normally closed
White - common
Yellow black- Normally open

Can anyone offer any ideas where to wire this in ?

Stu

#3 jonshepherd

jonshepherd

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: None
Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

Have you checked ALL of the fuses on the vehicle? Does the boot unlock button on the remote keyfob work? (make sure to push it twice)

Which wires are you earthing? And do you mean the remote keyfob then locks and unlocks?

#4 stuartadair

stuartadair

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Evening,

If I pull the connector off on the drivers door A post and earth the black/red then the doors lock, and the black/white wires then the doors unlock just as they should.

Using the key in either the driver or passengers door will lock the car ok but it wont unlock all the doors when you turn the key.

As far as I can see there is only the 1 fuse running the central locking - Am I right ?
Cheers

Stu

#5 jonshepherd

jonshepherd

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: None
Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hmm, I understand the problem now but I'm not experienced enough to know what's causing this mate.

Does the GEM module control the central locking? I'd suspect a fault with that as neither door lock is activiating the global lock. It is worth checking all of the fuses but if the car is unlocking correctly I can't see it being a blown fuse.

Maybe disconnect the battery overnight to clear any memory in the GEM module?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users