Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Tumbo

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just signed up after reading about a guy who had battery problems as did I yesterday, he queried about a battery being charged at 13v, I had mine (Fiesta 1.4 TD) tested today and the alternator was charging at 13.5v.

Back to hello, My name is Colin although I tend to use my old school nickname for user names these days 'Tumbo', now blissfully retired.

I purchased a Fiesta Titanium 1.4 TD 5dr 62 plate 3171mls a couple of weeks ago, exchanging my immaculate 54 plate Toyota Corrolla I purchased new in 2004 and had only done 45,000 miles.

I enjoy photography, WWII and modern day fighter aircraft and looking out the window at my little silver gem, married with two kids, I say kids both of them are turned 40 now with 3 grandchildren between them, Wife accepted of coarse they are my other three gems, am also a motor mechanic from the sixties, some technical details still prevail like wheels but other than that when I have cause to open the bonnet I shut it again very quickly these days.

That's me.

Happy whatever it is you do.

Best Regards

Tumbo

Hi Tumbo, and welcome to the FOC, Modern alts charge higher than the rated 12v for the battery and i would be happy with a charge rate of 13.5 volts. they are a far cry from the old dynamo's of old which you and I will remember but most on here wont. Anyway Jump in and have fun, Ive found this forum to be helpful and friendly.

Hi welcome :)

Welcome to the club tumbo

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Tumbo