Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nooooooooooooo

zetec s mike

Well after just 7 days of having the fezza it broke down :( I was in 4th gear is went to change into 5th and nothing happened the car was stuck in gear and I couldn't do anything about it. Broke down on a really bad corner and couldn't move the car as it was pointing up hill and cant pull off in 4th uphill. And before you ask it was to dangerous to go backwards finally got through to fords assistance and they sent out Millbrook recovery who suspected the gear linkage had broken. He tried fo feel around for it but couldn't feel it so I asked if it would be better to remove the air box and he said he isn't allowed to. So I grabbed a screw driver and took it out myself and then popped off a black cover on the front of the box Nd hey presto there it was the gear linkage that had come off, within a minute it was back on and everything was fine :) do you guys think I should take a trip to fords tomo?

When I picked mine up I took it back the next day because ford had chipped my paint work whilst putting one of the fog lights in and they were completely fine with It the only downside was I had no new fiesta for 3 days whilst I waited for my bonnet to be respray end and they gave me a ka as a courtesy car so make sure you don't get one of those ;)

Iam gobsmacked at how it came off, I haven't even done 400 miles yet I had to complain to the recoveryccompany 2 times as they wanted me to wait 3.5 hours untill they would come out to recover it. The whole reason why I got rid of the vxr was because of fuel consumption and gearbox failure. I thinl fords will be having a ear full tomo.

What I don't get is why wasn't he allowed to remove the airbox? Why send someone out to fix a car but prevent them from doing what is needed to fix it?! But yeh, there shouldn't be problems like that on a new car!

What I don't get is why wasn't he allowed to remove the airbox? Why send someone out to fix a car but prevent them from doing what is needed to fix it?! But yeh, there shouldn't be problems like that on a new car!

+1.....

...and all new Fords have the complimentary full AA cover!

Mine did but still bought Britannia cover as they are really good.

This happened to me on monday, 2 hours after picking up my brand new zetec s, AA man managed to pop the linkage cable back in after 30mins of fiddling, and all was well. He couldnt figure out how it came out of place, but i hope it doesn't happen again.

Is this a regular problem now cuz a couple have said about it is it worth getting mine checked ?

Well a quick update I went to my local ford dealers and complained about the gear linkage dropping off and they said if its back on then to just use it and see how it goes. I was not happy with that but could see their point. Anyway it happend again today :( so another trip is needed to the dealers. All I can say is keep a screw driver handy in the car coz u never know when it's going to happen.

Were you driving in any particular manner? I was giving mine some stick over a fast lumpy country road, with quick gear changes. It shouldn't come off at all, but certain conditions might make it more liable to come out of place

I was driving it normally tbh the reason why I got rid of my vxr was because I always found the need to put my foot down and waste loads of petrol so I got this to drive carefully and get good mpg returns. I wouldn't drive it like that now because its not even run in properly yet. Even if I did put my foot down a but and decided to be a bit rough with the gears thus shouldn't happen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club