Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Camera Issues

trikidy

Hello, I have a new stereo which has a screen on and reversing camera input (yellow wire).

I have a camera, it is fairly straight forward- yellow video wire which goes to this video in and a power wire which goes to a red and black.

I hooked it up to the reversing wires but it just said no signal or no input when I put the source on to AV, which is what it is meant to be I think.

I also have another camera that I ordered but it was too big, I tried this one too thinking it could be a dud camera but this said the same.

I then hooked it up to my LED wiring, so that I know the wiring is fine, again no signal or no input.

Surely it has to be faulty video wire or something wrong on the head unit, but I cannot see it being these!

What else could it be?

Thanks!

If you have a 12v power supply , try and plug the camera into your Tv see if you get a signal form it , then you can rule out the camera , also do you have anything else you can plug into the stereo input , perhaps a small dvd player where you know your getting an output.

Not sure how I would do the first idea!

And I don't have anything to plug it into to check, might try and find something- strange isn't it!

Do you not have an AV input on your Tv , and a small multi voltage adapter? , a portable dvd player with an AV out would do the test on your stereo.

Is there a power source on the stereo to trigger the input or is it just an Av in, on the stereo.

The source is just AV in, on the rear it just has a single yellow video input, which after researching should come on when you switch it to AV- but no luck :(