Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting Smax

Sanjualf

Hi all,

Just joined the club, bought a 2013 SMAX titanium 2 l diesel. Looking at ford brochures and specifications , it says all the titanium models come with ambient lighting as standard, but I could not see this in my car and there is no button to activate this . There is no mention of this in the manual as well. Normally with the ambient lighting you are supposed to have footwell and door map pockets lit dimly while the car is running? Has any one else noticed this in their SMax's. thanks for the responses.

Sanjay

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just joined the club, bought a 2013 SMAX titanium 2 l diesel. Looking at ford brochures and specifications , it says all the titanium models come with ambient lighting as standard, but I could not see this in my car and there is no button to activate this . There is no mention of this in the manual as well. Normally with the ambient lighting you are supposed to have footwell and door map pockets lit dimly while the car is running? Has any one else noticed this in their SMax's. thanks for the responses.

Sanjay

Welcome to the forum,

Have you scrolled through the electronic menu in search of option to activate ambient feature

Hi Lenny,

Thanks for your reply, I have the Smax titanium withe converse+ and navigation plus with reversing cameras. I have gone through the menu over and over again , but couldn't find an option to activate this ambient lighting

Sanjay

• Like 1

Hello, any other smax owners out there who knows any answers, I have been to the local ford dealers today, whom didn't know a clue about the ambient lighting feature and to be honest quite unhelpful. Have spoken to Ford technical support line who basically toldme if it was not in a menu to activate it then the vehicle didn't have it. But clearly in their specification in the brochures and their website states courtesy lights > foot well and ambient lighting in addition to over head led's are standard in SMax titanium and titanium x sports

Sanjay

are you referring to lighting that comes on when you open the door? or are you referring to the switched lighting?

Hi Jeeb,

No I am not referring to the white lights which come on(footwell and overhead) when you open the doors, or the overhead LED lights.

The ambient light feature should be LED strip lights which glows softer in the night in front footwells ,door pockets and cup holders when the vehicle is moving. In newer models like CMAX and BMAX you can even select different colour colour themes for these

Sanjay

Sounds more like mood lighting that your suggesting,afraid I am more aufete with the cmax than smax ...

• 8 years later...
On 8/23/2013 at 4:52 PM, Sanjualf said:

Hi Jeeb,

No I am not referring to the white lights which come on(footwell and overhead) when you open the doors, or the overhead LED lights.

The ambient light feature should be LED strip lights which glows softer in the night in front footwells ,door pockets and cup holders when the vehicle is moving. In newer models like CMAX and BMAX you can even select different colour colour themes for these

Sanjay

I had to use Forscan to activate my within the computer, originally it did not show on the syn3 panel.

Rob