Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak At Back..

alfie t

Hi all..I have a 2012 fiesta edge 1.25(82)..it has being laid up recently due to illness..I have just gone to start the car up and noticed fluid dripping from above the exhaust just above the back box..it seems like water but can't understand we're it could be coming from..can't really see much..is there anything above the exhaust that could be leaking?any help would be really appreciated..thanks!

HI, possibly condensation extracted from the cabin by the A/C?

I agree, most likely condensation. I get it on my mk3 when it hasn't been used for a while.

Hi, read the OP's post properly this time :huh: I'm not sure if the drain pipe for the A/C would be that far back...

Could it not be the drain for rear hatch, would check your fluids take for drive and recheck, if just a drain any water coming out from vibration of engine etc should of stopped, if still coming out more investigation will be needed.

This is most likely just condensation from the back box itself, there is a hole in the bottom of the box and condensation drips from there. Most noticeable after a short journey

• Like 1

As Mick78 said its just condensation left from the combustion prosses

As Mick78 said its just condensation left from the combustion prosses

Yeah, that's what I get when I start my mk3 sometimes. As cuke says there aren't any fluids that can leak that far back.

noticed fluid dripping from above the exhaust just above the back box..it seems like water but can't understand we're it could be coming from..

Lads He says above the exhaust just above backbox so how can it be condensation from the backbox,

it has to be a drain, cars have vents and drains that come out behind bumper etc, also door shuts hold water, all it takes is the vibration of car running to release this water from where its gathered, probs rain water but just in case check all fluids and take for a run then recheck fluids and if water still dripping.

noticed fluid dripping from above the exhaust just above the back box..it seems like water but can't understand we're it could be coming from..

Lads He says above the exhaust just above backbox so how can it be condensation from the backbox,

it has to be a drain, cars have vents and drains that come out behind bumper etc, also door shuts hold water, all it takes is the vibration of car running to release this water from where its gathered, probs rain water but just in case check all fluids and take for a run then recheck fluids and if water still dripping.

Good point, I should read the post more carefully;)

Also not mentioned yet,,,, check were the spare wheel would be if you've got one, the boot seal may be leaking and you may well have a swimming pool in your boot !!!

• Like 1

Hi..thank you for all the replies I do appreciate them..it turned out it was coming from the drain on the back box itself..I did say it was above the back box because it was damp and I didn't realise back boxes had drains so I assumed it was coming from above..sorry about that..but I feel a lot better now I realise it's nothing to worry about..thanks once again..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club