Do Not Sell My Personal Information

06 Focus Rear Brake Pad Fitting Help

mikeb185

Hi i have just purchased some genuine rear brake pads to replace the poorly fitting aftermarket ones that are currently on there.

The genuine ones have a self adhesive pad on one side, and are completely different to the ones on their!

Anyone know how to fit them correctly?

Cheers

They fit the same to be honest, the pads sit tight and the adhesive just helps to reduce vibration, there is also a 'spindle' on there that should assist in this also.

the ones on there rattle very loudly over every little bump in the road!

as said, the self adhesive pad is just for anti-squeal/vibration, so no need for copperslip on back of pads...

just fit the pads to the carrier and slide caliper over, when brakes are pumped up the pads will adhere to the caliper side..

cheers! changed a fair few pads in my time but never seen any with sticky backs before!

urgent question! does the sticky pad go against the piston or is it the one with the spring on top???

the piston has two holes in but the pad pins are too widely spaced to fit in them???

Help please

the brakes are apart please help!!!!!!!!!!! lol

the sticky pad) goes against the caliper, and so yes, I believe they should go against the piston. If your unsure, take the other wheel apart and look at the formation and mirror it

cheers, but on the piston there are 2 holes and on the pad there are 2 bits that look like they should fit into the piston but dont fit????

long time since ive done focus rear pads, cannot remember what they're like... so

what do you mean by two holes in piston

i take it the new pads are identical to the old

You can just take those little poles off, and just fit it flat?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club