Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1996 Fiesta Fascia Install For New Stereo

ollief

Hi guys,

I have bought a Fascia to install a new stereo to my 1996 Fiesta and have managed to remove the current stereo and wire up the new stereo so it works but the face plate had abosutely ZERO instructions and cannot find any on the web.

I contacted the company that sold it through amazon and they said there weren't any which I was disappointed at.

The one I purchased was this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H0PQ5I/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone else got any instructions for installing or a link to a page which does?

Any information would be a great help.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I have bought a Fascia to install a new stereo to my 1996 Fiesta and have managed to remove the current stereo and wire up the new stereo so it works but the face plate had abosutely ZERO instructions and cannot find any on the web.

I contacted the company that sold it through Amazon and they said there weren't any which I was disappointed at.

The one I purchased was this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H0PQ5I/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone else got any instructions for installing or a link to a page which does?

Any information would be a great help.

Cheers

Hey Ollief,

Depends what stereo you bought, as some cages from the aftermarket stereo go into the fascia first, like Sony units.

But from memory, generally there is a guide rail at the top of the hole once oem stereo is removed, the old oem stereo should have a white plastic trim at the rear pointing up, and in your new kit there is a black one of the same shape, this needs to go on the new aftermarket stereo with a v short threaed posi screw, as it holds the unit in the dash better, it's like a guide rail to slide the stereo in and out, and again from memory the fascia adaptor plate will fit with the blanking panel at the bottom!!

Slide the aftermarket stereo cage into the fascia panel first, clip it in using only the first bendy clips that push up, now secure the cage and fascia into the dash, make sure you have all the wiring looms clear and not trapped, don't forget the antenna lead, if you fit the iso loom to the car first it makes the loom longer and easier to get hold of.

Once the fascia adaptor is in place, there should be further lugs to bend round against the edge of the dash itself securing the cage 'and' the fascia in place. Connect the iso connector to the stereo and you are good to go.

After 15 years fitting car audio systems its like riding a bike, you never forget.

Hope that helps...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club